The best GROUP camping near
Cinnamon Ridge , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Cinnamon Ridge Camping Reviews
Beautiful park, nice campground, sites a little tight

We spent three nights at Hagan Stone

The pros - the park itself is BEAUTIFUL.  In fact, it is one of the nicest city parks we have ever visited.   Staff were friendly. And the grounds and facilities were well maintained.

The cons - we stayed in loop C which is basically an open field.  That was fine but the sites are very close together.  Also, there is one water connection for each two sites so would advise bringing a splitter.

Loop C also did not have fire pits and ground fires were not allowed so if staying in this section, you should bring a raised fire pit.

Loop B did appear to have fire pits had very few sites that would hold a rig of our size (39’ Travel Trailer) and would be very difficult to navigate.

Can’t Go Wrong!!

This was my first trip in my newly converted van, and it was more than I had hoped. Amazing views, clean bathrooms, hot showers, quiet neighbors, and a welcoming owner!! I have no complaints! If you’re in the area, definitely check it out. I would say it’s the best view of the mountain there is. Can’t say enough how great it was. Will definitely return!

Friendliest and Nicest

My husband and I did a South East Tour this winter and stayed at 12 RV Parks. The folks at River Walk RV were the most accommodating pleasant people we ran in to. The  "Welcome Bag" was a nice touch and very appreciated. No other park offered such a nice token.

The campground itself was not finished, however the potential and direction they are going in is spot on. There is a nice walking path along the river. It sits down at the base of some rugged hills and gives it a private feel. Deer came right up to our camper and my husband saw them while walking our dog.

The rate was average, but we were there in the off season.  The only reason I scored it a "4" is because it wasn't completed. However, my husband and I will definitely be back! Great Place! Nice host and hostess!

Loved it here!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent four nights. Loved this campground. Small, quiet, great mountain biking trails that you can ride to from the campground. No direct water hook-up, which was a bit surprising for the cost. But you can get water there. Great dog walking areas.

Tom is the Bomb!

Stay here, you won’t regret it. The owner is the best. He’s out helping folks all day long and never leaves anyone in need.

Great people all around!

Nice Campground!

We were looking for a campground near by over Martin Luther weekend and used the Dyrt app and found this nice campground. All the sites were very roomy, many pull through sites, very clean and very friendly hosts. All sites were gravel and have a fire pit that you can move around to where you want to build your fire. Nice camp store and a very nice and clean bathhouse.

We camped in the back along the green belt trail that runs beside the campground and the Yadkin River. Great trail to go for a jog take your dog for a walk or just to take a stroll along the River. In the summer if you are into kayaking there is a local kayak outdoor adventure place five minutes down the road. Jonesvillle and Elkin both have antique stores and Elkin is a nice town to stroll through with shops and a local brewery. Also in Elkin are great trails to go go hiking and the Mountain to Sea Trail runs right through downtown Elkin. The Yadkin Valley is wine county so if you want to go wine tasting there are many vineyards in the area. I would differently go camping again at this campground.

Great place for families

Our family has camped here multiple times.  Great place to stay due to clean facilities and well kept sites. The lake is perfect for little ones and even grownup kids. Also love the trails that surround the campground.  Would definitely recommend for a camping trip.

Thanksgiving weekend

It was surprisingly busy, almost all sites occupied. There is not much space between the sides, but the park is huge and right at the lake. We stayed only one night. A lot of young families were here with their bikes. Restrooms were fair. All in all a nice campground if you don't mind little privacy.

Great place for our 1st Camper Trip

This was the shakeout trip with our new to us, 2015 R-Pod 176T. This turned out to be a great trip.

The Campground and Host Kitty were wonderful. The Campground is wooded and very scenic. We stayed in site 25 which had a view of the pond. Also it was a short walk to the bathhouse which was clean and warm for a cold fall/winter trip.

The Campground is on a park which has lots of attractions for the family including a gem mine, carousel, small zoo, fishing, padle boats and other things to do. These were closed due to COVID 19 but will be available once the pademic is over.

There was WiFi across from our site which was really good. We were able to stream Netflix and AT&T TV with no problem. The Camp host Kitty, was kind and helpful throughout our stay she had suggestions for us and assured us that if we had any issues she would be there.

I would highly recommend Dan Nicholas Park.

Especially post COVID 19!!!!!!