The best BOAT IN camping near
Alexander Mills , NORTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Alexander Mills Camping Reviews
Changed Owners

Stayed a 4 Paws numerous times now and have always had a good time. There are options as to how you want to camp. This year I had one site with a fence all the way around and most recently my site had a small fenced in yard for the dogs to use. Ownership has changed as of Thanksgiving week, we will see what the new owners do. There is a laundry, dog wash and shower building that is well maintained and very modern. We visited several EXCELLENT hiking trails that had the views! Then there’s sampling of local cuisine and shopping. Asheville, Hendersonville and Greenville are all nearby. Or you could easily sit at the campground and just hangout at the dog parks. For Thanksgiving they served a meal and had other events. They also have other event weekends that are a lot of fun.

Loud drunk neighbors!

If you happen to have loud drunk neighbors, who party until 3:30 am, the hosts will not tell them to be quiet. Someone did call the sheriff, but no one came until 10 am the next morning. They woke the drunks up to tell them to be quiet, but they were allowed to stay in the park. I give it 2 stars because this is a beautiful park.

Very clean bathrooms and showers

Some sites are pretty close together. The sites closer to the lake have more privacy-without direct lake views. Lake is underwhelming-but still nice. Bathroom and showers are cleaned well everyday-and are heated. Book ahead-the guy said they'd been completely full since June.

This is a hidden gem!

I think if I could, I would stay here forever. Sites are by the river! It’s gorgeous! Peaceful and quiet as well. The only downside for some of you would be the acceptable size of RV/motorhome. We have a 28’ TT, I believe that is about the limit. Reservations are made by phone, very affordable. Oh, did I forget to say it’s full hook ups? :)

Beautiful park

This park was just beautiful. The kind of park you can hang out in all day and it feels like you’re on vacation. We loved waking up in the water.

Hidden Gem

Nice spot within the Nature preserve. Sites are close but not on top of each other. Paved but not necessarily level. The cleanest and most well designed bathrooms I’ve ever seen in a campground. Lots of great hiking trails throughout the preserve. Level boxed in pads for tenters in a separate area from RVs as well as sites that can be packed out to. On a visit during COVID it was open but limited. Set on the beautiful Lake Wylie, surrounded by marinas and large beautiful lakeside homes. Well designed for fishing, boating, gatherings and picnics. It feels so remote but is literally minutes from the full metropolis of Charlotte, NC. A must see for at least a day hike if you are in the area or camping if you have the chance.

Nice, but cramped

The Asheville East KOA is well maintained and a nice place to stop if you're exploring Asheville.  It's about 10 minutes east of downtown Asheville.  The spots are really tight. They have been updating over the years, but could use a little more work.

Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Centrally Located in Asheville, but be sure to stay on the River Side

It’s a very central to downtown Asheville and provided you’re river front it’s a nice campground. Unfortunately all of the sites that aren’t river front back up directly to the interstate — a little noisy to say the lease. Everyone was friendly, and we spent most of our time touring the city.

Great Campground

We stayed at the Carolina Hemlocks campground while taking a road trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very private campground that borders the South Toe River. Nice tubing put in and a great swimming spot directly in the campground. The bathrooms and shower was well taken care. Very friendly camp hosts. We stayed in site 31, which was a nice wooded private spot in the back of the campground.