The best GROUP camping near
Chautauqua , NEW YORK

Most Recent Chautauqua Camping Reviews
Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Perfect getaway. A true oasis.

I love this place! Site 61, a walk-in site…complete sleeper along the water. Highly recommend!

Perfect Family Spot!

We spent 5 nights here and it was perfect. It's just myself and my toddler. There is a Walmart not too far away if you need supplies but they do sell both ice and firewood here in the campground. If they are out, ask and they will get more for you. The staff are really, really friendly.

Ice is$2 per 7 lb bag and the wood is$10 for a pretty big bundle. I have attached photos.

When I booked I was told that because of Covid-19 there would only be vault toilets and no showers, so I was beyond surprised to see that everything was up, running and smelling super clean. I struggled to find a place open during Covid-19 (May 2020) so again, super happy. My toddler is 3 and everything is very family friendly. There is a lower and upper loop. Make sure you check Recreation.gov to make sure the site you are booking has what you need. We were at the top loop,#39, very close to the bathrooms and entrance.

The campground doesn't have wi-fi but I was able to use my phone as a hotspot. I trade stocks for a living and the connection was good enough to do that:) I have Sprint. The spots are all spacious, I'm very surprised to see someone complain about that… and my spot in particular(again, 39) is more private than others with more trees separating me from other spots. The road is one way throughout the loops so there's no big traffic. Lots of kids riding bikes, adults walking and chatting. Tons of friendly dogs. The trail is also very pretty and makes a good loop.

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to remember that for future hunting seasons.

Quite, Relaxing,

Miss Anita is wonderful she is funny and always out and about visiting all the campers. Well spaced out and close to Chautauqua Lake.

Great family campground

Oil F.C. is a hidden gem nestled in the woods not far from Oil Creek State Park. They have a great playground, a maze, a catch and release pond. Lots of things to do to keep the kids, or in our case the grandkids occupied. They have a well stocked camp store, in case you don't want to make the 4 mile ride into town. Their firewood prices are very reasonable. Rachel is a great in accommodating her campers. We were there 3 times this year. Its become our goto campground that's only an hour away from Erie.

Beautiful fall

I have a 25 foot travel trailer. I found numerous spots on SF-160. It rains a lot so keep your slip-ons near the door. Great hiking/biking. The spot next to the hiking trail has WiFi 70% of the time. I would give this a 5 star if it didn’t rain so much. Howe’s ace hardware is about 10 miles away with a dollar general across the street. The site seeing is second to none. The forest is enchanting. To get here, take Hwy 6 just east of Warren. Turn left on Kinzua road. Go about 8 miles. Stop at the Kinzua dam about 5 miles in. Turn right. Go about a mile and a half, turn right towards Jakes Rocks. When you come to a T, turn left (Jakes Rocks turn right). Start looking for a site. The last site on SF 160 has weekend partiers. They knock off at 11pm and are far enough away from the next site that they aren’t a nuisance. I know, I stayed there a week. Once set up, make sure you hike and drive back to Jakes Rocks. Beautiful views and drive.

Weekend away from it all

We have camped at this campground a couple times now and have enjoyed each time. The restrooms are decent. There is a boat launch. The sites are maintained well. They also allow “vicious” breeds, we have a rottie mix and it can be a hassle trying to find campgrounds that allow her in. You are literally in the mountains and it is so peaceful! There is no cell service so you really get to be away from all the hustle for a weekend.

Decent spot

A few dispersed spots on this road a bit overgrown but fine for setting up a tent

Beautiful area

Really enjoyed our stay here, from check in, to escort, firewood delivery all done with a nice positive attitude and smile ( behind a mask). Presque isle landmark restaurant right on the entrance, Sara's diner and crazy oven pizza, formerly steve'o pizza. Nice break from cooking on a busy day site seeing. Short bike or drive to beach. Would stay again and highly recommend.