Sena , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Sena Camping Reviews
Empty in winter!

I arrived after dark on December 28th, and at first missed the turn off for the camping, but using the map here on the Dyrt, could see where I went wrong.

Google gets you there, as soon as you cross the cattle stile into the park, take your first left which comes very quickly. Dispersed camping is on both sides of this road. If you go a little further, you’ll see the vault toilets on the right (I couldn’t find these until the morning).

It was completely deserted, except for one RV (I am sleeping in my car). In the morning I discovered a car which looks like someone may be living in the park, but saw no signs of anyone.

It is beautiful! I woke up to an inch of snow! One downside- it’s right next to a landfill. There was no smell, but I could hear all of the equipment in the morning.

Easy to find, clean, safe (I’m a solo woman). I’d stay here again!

Sweet Spot

This place is awesome, easy to get to and free. There is lots of room and we have a lot of privacy. Close to town and everything you need. There is also a place to shoot guns if you got em.

Flat and Free!

Stayed here one night. Dispersed large dirt and rock camping area with scattered junipers and other brush. There were a few rock fire pits that others have made but no one there had a fire going at the time we stayed there. It was quiet and if you're lucky you can find a secluded spot among the trees and bushes. There are 2 unisex pit toilets in the area but there is no water or garbage so pack in and out!

Good cell reception with AT&T and Verizon.

Simple beauty

12 miles uphill drive into the Santa Fe National Forest, just past million dollar mansions in Santa Fe. Easy access, just drive up and park. Multiple tent camp sites with fire pit and picnic table.  Accessible to trails. Beautiful sunset views.

Lovely state park, but near hwy

Well maintained with picnic tables and metal grill in standard state and national park style. Near well traveled mountain road.

Nice location

The best part of this campground was the location! Close to downtown Santa Fe. The staff & guests did wear masks & social distanced. We were traveling with an RV and a suv/tent set up, & appreciated that we could get the largest pull through RV spot ($64) and bunker down together. The grounds and restrooms could use a little TLC to take it to the next level. Pup friendly, too!

Small spaces and steep drive up

A family trip with the RV and although we did enjoy our stay for the most part, there was a lot left to be desired. The larger RV spots we had to get were right next to the road and right next to other campers. The drive up is steep and our RV had a hard time; would not even think of staying up here in the winter. The dump station was closed for some reason when we were leaving. The kids enjoyed the steep hikes and the stream the runs along the other side of the camp sites where there are smaller campgrounds for tent camping. There was a fun playground my kids enjoyed and a nice area at the group shelter. Lots of fun painted rocks my kids round my the stream. Would visit again but not in an RV and not during winter when it would be snowing.

On the way to Ski Santa Fe

Beautiful spot for fall camping since the leaves are changing colors and temperatures are cooler. In winter, this area receives snow and can be difficult to get to without a reliable, 4-wheel drive vehicle.

Tent sites have covered awnings and fire pits when open flame is allowed. There are two large yurts tucked away from the main road. Great hiking trails in and around the park.

Greedy

Couldn’t stay due to Covid-19 restrictions imposed by state governor.  The owners would not refund deposit.