Pets Unknown
Hike In
Mora Campground is located in New Mexico
2 Reviews of Mora Campground
Small but nice area.

Drove up to Mora campground through Pecos off of I-25. Campground is small maybe 10 spots, no services and most back up to the river. Some spots very sunny and other lots of shade. Road up there at times is only one lane, I wouldn't recommend any trailer longer then 32 foot. I also drove to a boondocking area with plenty of places up in the hills nearby. There where a lot of fishing going on and one gentleman told me he has gotten three fish within his 1st hour. Spots are first come first served and I'm sure weekends are packed. I had no cell service.

Hike-In Only - Stunning Area

My first backpacking adventure in Northern New Mexico took me from Iron Gate Campground to Mora Flats. BEAUTIFUL!

A quick 4-5 mile hike in, we crossed the Pecos River and found a nice, shady spot in valley. It was peaceful, quiet and surprisingly cool for late-July. It rained each afternoon, but we had everything we needed to stay dry and cozy.

The river provided plenty of trout for a nice rice and fish dinner. The sky provided plenty of stars for gazing.