Standard (Tent/RV)
About Rancheros de Santa Fe

Quiet, wooded camping only minutes from Old Town Santa Fe. Rancheros de Santa Fe is known to visitors from all over the world for its scenic, natural setting. Located on Historic Route 66, adjacent to the Santa Fe Trail, Rancheros de Santa Fe offers a beautiful destination for your visit.

Private
RVs and Trailers
30 amp Hookups
50 amp Hookups
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 55 ft.
Rancheros de Santa Fe is located in New Mexico
8 Reviews of Rancheros de Santa Fe
Nice campground with a few issues you should know about

We stayed here two nights in July, 2020. We're from Albuquerque, so this was just a quick"local" getaway. This is a pretty sprawling campground, with all kinds of sites(tent only, large sites with only 30 amp service, some sites with full hook up, others with just water& electric and a few water only. Shop carefully! We got a full hook up 50amp site. There is a row of these in the southwest end of the park. These are VERY narrow sites. We snugged right up against the hookups, and still didn't have room on the other side to put out our rug. There are low bushes between the sites, so the awning worked, but very little room for chairs and such. Also, the water pressure was quite low. Weakest shower I've had in our rig. Not sure if this changes with the number of campers, though, since it is well water. Our area was VERY busy and full of some big rigs(most from Texas). Oh, and wifi is spotty. Our site literally had a repeater stuck in the ground right next to our rig, and we got a strong signal, but pretty weak internet. I had better luck just using my Verizon iphone's hot spot. But it was still nice. It's got a rustic feel, but didn't necessarily feel run down. BRIEF interactions with the staff were friendly enough.

We also enjoyed the on-site hiking trail. It is only.5 miles, but making the circle a couple of times was nice on our last morning. I can certainly see us staying here again. It IS pricey(our two nights, with Good Sam Discount plus tax, came to $102), but that's Santa Fe for you!

Great Spot among the Pinons!

I will always remember with great fondness this darling campsite in Santa Fe, NM

I was moving from Sedona and was on my way to relocate to Boulder to attend UC Boulder.

I took a slight detour into Santa Fe to visit an old friend and the minute I pulled into Santa Fe ( with all my furniture hanging off my Jeep Cherokee) someone yelled, “ Welcome to Santa Fe!!

I thought what a friendly town this is! So I parked my Jeep in a 1 hour spot and fell in love instantly with Santa Fe.

I walked into a super nice restaurant and got hired!

So then I thought ok, now what??? Where am I going to live?

I went to Walmart and bought a tent and a bottle of wine and went straight to Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground- which became my new home for about 2 weeks- until I found a sweet apartment.

I remember ironing my uniform in the bathroom, and the amazing smell of Piñon and Junioer 🌲

I’d love to go back for another visit.

Such a beautiful and sweet spot to stay

Good location

The RV Park is about 20 minutes from the old town shops and restaurants so it’s a good location not far off the highway. Grocery is close and nice. Site was good, could have used leveling and more gravel (some sites better than ours). Privacy was good with trees and bushes between sites. We were thankful for the shade trees and fire pit. Picnic table was a little shabby. Pool was closed probably due to COVID-19? They have a store with a few items that was open 8-12 and 4:00-8:00. Laundry room needed cleaning and updating. The reason I can only give this place three stars is the condition of the bathroom and shower area. Needs a good deep cleaning (I recommend a power washer). It also needs updating and painting but if it was clean that would not matter so much. Bugs and hair on the floor and con webs in the stalls. The fan looked like it had never been cleaned. Walls and door definitely need paint. I would also recommend taking the bars off the windows and cleaning them to make it look more inviting. Wish I could give it a higher rating, it has potential.

Laid back life, close to town

Campsites are small yet private due to the wonderful shrubbery and small trees. There is a great trail that winds through the back of the property. The bathrooms could use an upgrade, but after all, it is a campground. Pool in the summer and fire pits in the winter. I love this campground!

Beautiful Setting

Great place in a beautiful wooded hillside southwest of Santa Fe about 15 mins or so. They have a pool, a small dog park and a great little hiking trail with good views of the surrounding mountains. Nice facilities, a small store and a laundry mat make it a great place to explore Santa Fe and the surrounding area.

Short drive to quaint campground from Santa Fe

We were very excited on our first night to settle into our campsite after a long day of adventuring. Just a short drive to the outskirts of Santa Fe in mountain country we found our campground, Rancheros de Santa Fe.

Upon entry the staff was very friendly and welcoming and we felt like this would be a great place to call home away from home.

The campsites were laid out well with room between campers and because it was the end of a weekend, they were not entirely at capacity which made for a pleasant sense of space in the great outdoors.

Our campsite was positioned in the "high road" tent site area which is a primitive campsite without additional amenities. Each campsite has a fire ring and also a picnic table for campers to utilize and a pad site for tents slightly raises from ground level.

It made for a beautiful night sleep under the chilly New Mexico skies.

By morning we ventured up to the public showers and restrooms which were clean and had amazon water pressure and hot water to set the morning in motion perfectly.

The facility also offers a pool and theater room during summer months so while we didn't get to take advantage we were excited to know upon return we would have these features available.

🐰🐰🐰🐰⚪️

Overall we give this campground a 4 of 5 Bunniea! The only things we noticed which kept it from a 5 were the lack of wifi reach in the back sections of the campground, wouldn't have been a big deal but cell service in the off grid location was also patchy so the wifi would have been handy. And the pad site was not designed for a tent quite our size. Our tent is a 12x8 and had a little side hang on on the 12 foot end.

Nice Enough

This campground is a little further from santa fe than ideal. Pool/Game room close early. Super hilly, and could be tricky to navigate. The people that run it are nice. Would stay again.

Easy Access to Santa Fe

We camped here in an RV. The spaces are fairly close together, but the property is hilly and treesy affording us some privacy. If you have a big rig or tow a car, you can drive around the loop instead of trying to make the turn to go back out by the front of the office.

There is a small pool, which we appreciated and we were able to travel with our dog. The proximity to Santa Fe, great restaurants and attractions is a real plus. About 10 miles south of town, it's just one freeway exit away.

Year 2021 Flag