Nature

Aspen Basin Campground

4 Reviews

About This Campground

National Forest

The Aspen Basin Campground is located adjacent to the very large parking area at Santa Fe Ski Basin. There are 10 units, Picnic tables, and fire rings. There is a vaulted toilet at the far west end of the parking lot. This campground is less developed than most, and primarily serves those who use…

Add Campground Info

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site
  • Walk-In
    Park in a lot, walk to your site.
  • Boat-In
    Sites accessible by watercraft.

Stay Connected

• WiFi
    Available
  • Verizon
    Unknown
  • AT&T
    Good
  • T-Mobile
    Unknown

• 1
Em X K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2021

Chilly but Gorgeous

Chilly in mid October visit. Aspens are gorgeous on the drive up. Camping area is part of Ski area parking lot.

SiteDispersed in Parking Lot
Month of VisitNovember
Gavin J.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Hidden gem

This campsite is hidden just below the bathroom on the West end of the big parking lot. Most campers pitch tent in the wooded area in the center of the parking lot - this is off the west end of the parking lot. Wonderful trails and you get to camp right in the middle of an aspen grove.

S
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2020

2nd home

I went on my first solo hiking/camping trip here. Coming from Texas, I almost turned around to go back home with only 4 hours left of my drive because I was so terrified. When I drove up I got my dog and we scouted the area and found a secluded camp spot right away. There were quite a few people…

Aspen Basin Campground is located in New Mexico

Detail location of campground

Directions

Fifteen miles from downtown Santa Fe on NM 475. Take Bishop’s Lodge Road to Artist Road, which will turn into NM 475, also known as Hyde Park Road.

Coordinates