Tuckerton , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Tuckerton Camping Reviews
Enjoyable

We just returned from a 4 night trip to Baker's Acres.  The staff was friendly, our site was large, clean, and the most level site we have ever camped on!  We loved the nature trail.  We saw deer every time we walked on it.  My husband and daughter enjoyed the pool.  The playground was nice.  We enjoyed the scavenger hunt and Saturday night entertainment.   There were very few golf carts and all the cars drove cautiously.  We felt our daughter was safe to ride her bike.

Some people might complain about the condition of the roads.  We didn't mind them - it kept people from driving too fast.  The bathhouse at the pool could use an update but it was clean and the toilets flushed and the spigots worked!  The red bathhouse was nice with separate shower/toilet rooms.  Our campsite was a good 7 minute walk from the nearest bathroom which was a bit far so a small bathhouse near the nature trail would have been appreciated.

The trip into LBI was an easy one.  We borrowed beach tags from the camp store for a fee and headed to the Brant Beach section of LBI.

We usually do all of our own cooking at our camper but we did decide to treat ourselves to a meal at Calloways (about 5 minutes away).  They have outdoor dining and mini golf.  In non-Covid times they have some amusement rides.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

COVID camping

The campground is fine. Bathrooms seemed as clean as a state park during a global pandemic can get… my frustration came with the noise level and the site I booked. Sites 14, 16, 59, and 57 (I think) all share a common area. It lacked privacy and our inconsiderate neighbors partied alllllll niggghhtttt llooonngggg as well as many other people in the South campground. After 10pm, the music volume was high and campers were LOUD. I was smart enough to bring earplugs. It's buggy… to be expected but the general vibe here was not my thing. People here just wanted to get sloshed and loud. I wanted a place to crash after hiking and going to the beach all day. 🤣 Mostly my mistake for picking the site I did from lack of familiarity of this campground. Probably will not be back, unless during the week and a more secluded site.

Primitive Camping & hiking trails

We love Parvin Park. Camped here last year and arrived after check in. We called first then the next morning paid $20 for one night. Relaxing hiking trails around the lake. Bring bug spray, usually see ticks.

Nice campground for smaller rigs

Lots of seasonal campers here give this campground a very homey feel. Our site was decently sized, level, and nicely bordered with trees that gives you a sense of privacy. We stayed here immediately after Covid restrictions were eased so the wifi and cable TV were both out but this was not a big deal for us. Backing my rig into the site, and exiting, was a bit challenging due to the angle and size of the service road but we managed well enough and really enjoyed the area as we were near a short hiking path that was great to take the dogs out. The staff was great, considering that they must have been totally busy from the rush of campers trying to get out after the lockdown. Would definitely return.

Outstanding 👍🏼👍🏼

Quaint and rustic, heavily wooded. Makes you feel like your camping, not just lined up next to a bunch of campers. Great service and amenities, very friendly and helpful staff ⛺️⛺️⛺️⛺️

Huge lake, awesome pool

Nice quiet campground right on a huge lake, good fishing, dog beach, human beach, awesome pool. Tons of activities. Great staff. Tents and RVs welcome.

Not a bad place

It was our first trip of the year last week of April

Can't Go Wrong Here!

This was our 5th year camping at Baker's Acres. Their slogan is "Where friends are made for life" and they couldn't be any more right. This is the friendliest, family run for 50+ years, clean, fun, campground we've been to in a long time.

The Camp Store is large and well stocked. The salt pool is always clean!

Campsites are level and somewhat sandy (You're in the Pine Barrens, it should be expected). The bathhouses near our site were cleaned 2x daily and the best part is, they're private! (Shower, sink, toilet in a 10 room bathhouse).

Check the activities schedule, there is always something fun to do!

Close to LBI and a short drive to Smithville, I highly recommend Baker's Acres!

Rustic but large sites

Nice and clean campground, sandy sites. nice trails. great location. Been there a few times. will definitely go back.