The best GROUP camping near
Echelon , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Echelon Camping Reviews
Always excellent

The camp sites are always well maintained, as are the bath facilities. The campsites have excellent access to hiking trails and a short drive gives you access to a lake which will rent you boats if you lack one. Multiple times every summer and we have yet to be disappointed.

Lovely!!!!

What a clean, quiet, well cared for campground!!  I saw some negative comments on another site and was very surprised.  The sites are sufficiently large.  Certainly one can see other campers but check the site map and you can certainly find sites more private than others.

VERY dog friendly.  They have an off leash dog area and swimming  area.  The trails are nice, wooded, uncrowded.   Cross the street and you can access the canal trail surrounded by protected land.  Great for walking/biking combined with canal traffic watching.  We walked the dogs along trail and saw 1 other person. Another day we drove along the dirt roads along the canal and saw 2 other vehicles the whole time.

Easy to ride into Wilmington as well as very close to the Brandywine area.

Do yourself a favor and visit Hagley Museum!

I  definitely recommend this campground!

Just a awesome place

We loved this campground. Friendly staff. Plenty for the kids to do. The river is right there to go tubing or kayaking. Playground is cool. They allow golfcarts which is a plus in my book.

Sweet place

Definitely would camp here again. Staff was great. Plenty of things for the kids to do.

Awesome campground

We just got back from a weekend of camping here. This was our second time camping there this season. The staff is great.after check in a staff member shows you to your site and helps you back into site if needed. The site are nice. Good fishing at the lake. They also allow golfcarts

Nice campground. Dirty bathrooms

To be expected, this place was packed on a nice October weekend. Boy Scouts and families.. Overall quiet considering the amount of people. Nice trails. Close to Lake Nummy. With that said, the bathrooms were disgusting. Little maintenance and cleaning was provided during our weekend stay, especially during a global pandemic.

Owned by liberals that are just mean

I’ve never written a bad review but this place needs to be aired out for how they treat people.

I called this campground several days in advance and talked to someone on the phone and asked if I needed to make a reservation for Friday. I was 38’ and needed 50amps and a sewer dump. The nice lady on the phone said we should have plenty of spaces. I don’t like to make the reservation if I do not have to just Incase we don’t make it as far as we had planned.

Upon arrival I walk into the check in front desk area and the lady working behind the counter quickly states “you can’t be in here without a mask on”. I ask her if she has one because I do not. (I suppose I should have kept some with me but the reason for this trip was to deliver my Motorhome to the new owner and we packed super light to not have a ton of baggage to fly home). She did huff and walk over and give me one from a large pile the had at the desk. Then I told her I needed a spot for the night 50 amps with a clean out. She goes over to the reservation pile and asks what my last name is. I told her I had not made a reservation but I had called a few days ago and the lady on the phone said there should be no problems and will be vacancy. This irritated her for whatever reason. She told me well we only have 30 amp with no sewer. I just figured that they had an unexpected rush of people and it was my fault for not getting a reservation. I told her okay I’ll take it but do they have a 30amp to 50 amp cord I could rent? She quickly snapped and said I have to purchase it. I said I would hold off as maybe the fella that was buying my motor home May have one from his last rig. No big deal. She gave us a map of the park and showed us where to park.

So the directions she gave us to the spot was wrong to start off with but hey mistakes happen. So we get parked in our spot and notice the park has quite a few open spots. I walked over to the row right behind us and there were 10 open spots in a row that had 50 amp service and clean outs. Well we then went back up front because the new owner didn’t have a 30 to 50 amp adapter and asked if they were sure there wasn’t any open spots that had 50 amps because I had seen plenty of open ones. She just snapped at me no. I told her I would take the 30 amp to 50 amp cord because my Motorhome was setup for 50 amp. She went to the shelf and handed it to me and charged me $25. I didn’t even look at it to make sure it was the right one and headed back to the campsite. Well it was the wrong way. It was 50amp to 30amp. (Because most of their sites seem to be 50 amp 😂). On the way back up I checked a couple of other empty sites and as you would think they were ALL 50 amp. When I went back into the front office I told her that I needed the other adapter that this one was wrong I also didn’t have my mask as it fell in the dirt and I was over the antics. At this point another fella was in there that I think was her husband (she had also told me earlier she was the owner) she mumbled “he doesn’t even know what he needs”. I quickly said. Well you gave me the wrong one. And I again I asked about ALL the other 50 amp sites that were open. The guy at this point said with a raised voice “we are completely booked”. I just left.

This place has the worst service and the worst staff ever. I wouldn’t camp here if I were paid to.

I have enclosed a photo of the row behind us that all had 50 amp service with clean outs. Nobody ever showed in the 15-20 spots I just quickly looked at. This place is a joke and owned by your typical liberal haters.

Avoid this place

Not bad

No one in the office so you have to check in over the phone which isn't easy with bad reception in the area.

Camp sites are close together with no privacy but decent sized. You get a table, fire ring with out a grill, water, electric, and enough room for a large cabin tent or a few small tents.

Showers are clean and have hot water. No locks on the toilet stall doors which is really weird. Playground, pool, big open fields, horseshoes, basketball hoop. No hiking trails. No pond or lake for fishing.

$50 per night

The river is amazing

Great place to creek hike, nice for horses, we did get a lot of ticks, but not deer ticks, thankfully.