Ossipee, NEW HAMPSHIRE

Most Recent Ossipee Camping Reviews
Best family campground

Best camp resort ever, clean showers, tons of area to choose where to camp, play area for kids, horseshoes for adults, store on location, best of all the most amazing staff if I could I give it ****** stars

Great trails!

Bear brook state park is a great place in central NH for camping and day trips alike. Though you definitely want to watch for black fly season and ticks (as with anywhere else around), there is something to do year round! The mountain bike trails are some of the best in NH with a little something for every skill level. There’s fishing, swimming and even archery if you’re into that. I certainly recommend, especially for the mountain biking!

Very friendly owners

Wonderful time staying here.

Quiet & clean

This is a nice campground. Bathroom facilities were always clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Had a pool on site, but never got the chance to try it out. Would definitely recommend.

Amazing!

We absolutely love sandy pines!! All of the staff are so friendly and helpful! I had to leave my wife and kids for a few days and they checked in on them to make sure they were ok. They went above and beyond as far as I’m concerned. There are planned upgrades over the off season that should put this place as the number one campground in Maine! We have seen the glamping sites and each is unique and special. Highly recommend at least a long weekend here. You won’t regret it!

Happiness starts here!!!

Friendly staff, BEST family camping vacation spot in all of NH! I have camped here since I was 5 years old and am over 50 years now! Sites and cabins are spacious and cleaned after every departure and campers are soooo friendly and helpful and why I recommend and give Terrace Pines 5 stars ☆'s!!!

Less than one star

This place was a disappointment. We went back in August. The stream was dried up, which I get, there was a drought. The sites were very exposed to the main road and the staff acted like it was an imposition to help anyone. We had severe weather one night and when we asked to move to one of the cabins, which we were willing to pay for, they denied us. We had a special needs child and they could care less. We ended up leaving early and getting a hotel room. Very disappointed.

Permanently Closed

Redeveloped with houses.

Set up for big RVs

The camping is a large open area (no shade) with RVs lined up. There are full hook-ups and if you plan to only use the bathroom and shower in your RV it is likely fine. The showers are horrific. There are two different shower rooms, with two showers each. While we were there one whole room was labeled “out of order”. In the other, only one of the coin operated showers was working. So, only one shower for the entire campground. The shower area was FILLED with with bugs and spiders. We unfortunately had to kill one spider that was dangling from the ceiling into the shower we were trying to use. The kids screamed the whole time.

The lake water was deemed to high in bacteria to swim in while we were there, but the natives were swimming anyway, so we did too. The beach was nice and if it wasn’t for the bacteria concern we’d have enjoyed it even more. (Bacteria is why we didn’t skip the shower.)

The view was gorgeous.