the dyrt
$25.00 - $75.00
White Lake State Park is located in New Hampshire
6 Reviews of White Lake State Park
Family-friendly, LARGE

This is a VERY LARGE campground, it will be a trek to get to the bathrooms or showers or swimming. You do NOT get to park at the lake if you are a camper. So that will be a long walk. However, the sites were spacious and felt semi private, I had a site next to the bathroom, which was very helpful and I felt confident letting my children go to the bathroom alone.

Your experience will depend heavily on your neighbors!

A friend and I decided to camp here before a backpacking trip in the Whites, to cut down on morning-of driving time. Our site, #02 on Loop 2, was in very close proximity to all of the neighboring sites. We had children on several sides, and a rowdy group of adult men on another side. Quiet hours are supposed to start at 10:00pm, but our rowdy male neighbors were up, playing music, talking loudly, and singing, until midnight. Then, just when we thought they were ready to settle in, they turned on a headlamp aimed directly into our tent. We are both very experienced car campers and backcountry campers, but even we struggled to get any rest through all the noise and light. The staff drove by a few times in a golf cart but never stopped to encourage this group to quiet down or use a little etiquette/common sense with their headlamp use. It wouldn't have been so much of a problem if the sites weren't SO close to each other. I attached a photo to show just how closely all the sites are situated; that's my backpacking tent, for scale.

beautiful campground

Beautiful campground and lake. I was only here a short time and didn't get a chance to swim in the lake, but it looks fabulous! crystal clear water. lovely hike around the lake too, about 2 miles round trip. there look to be boats (paddle boats and canoes/kayaks) available for rent also, but this was closed by the time in the evening when i arrived. looks like it would be a lot of fun tho.

nice and quiet for sleeping, no road noise and my camping neighbors were pretty low key. nice spacing between sites for privacy. only 2 cars per site can fit/are allowed, if you have more, there is an overflow lot. bathrooms were nice and clean, with showers.

Beautiful Setting

My husband and I took my Dad camping for Father’s Day this year at White Lake State Park Campground. We enjoyed every minute! There were definitely a lot of people there, but there were enough trees between each site to give at least a little bit of privacy. We stayed at site 28 in Area 1 (there are two sets of sites within the campground). Each site has a picnic table and a fire ring with a metal grate. We were about a minute away from a restroom, which was clean and well-maintained. There was also a water spigot across the way from our site.

White Lake is gorgeous. We brought a kayak and a few stand up paddleboards with us to use. There is a sandy beach with lots of space and picnic tables that also looked well-maintained. The beach and swimming area were very popular! Right next to the beach there is a restroom and changing room facility. I believe there is a store on the opposite end.

We really enjoyed our one-night stay at White Lake State Park Campground. We will definitely return!

Lakeside Getaway

A great family campground just South of Conway, NH. Close to groceries, the outlets, plenty of restaurants. Across the street to the North is the fabulous Rosie's Diner, a homey place with amazing food and home-baked bread. Seriously their toast and corned beef hash is awesome. Also just across the street from the entrance to the South is a Dollar General with just about anything a camper could want in a pinch, including beer and hot dogs.

The camp itself has a store by the gatehouse well stocked with various items (bug spray, skillet, firewood, sunscreen, sodas) and souvenir Tees and Sweatshirts. There is another store on the beach with the candy, floats and toys. They also have charcoal in just the right size to grill on one of the available charcoal hibachis, scattered among the picnic tables on the beach.

The lake itself is unreal, with the mountains in the background it just feels incredibly peaceful and serene, keeping in mind I mostly visited around dawn and dusk and the Memorial Day clouds and rain kept it pretty low-key. I've seen photos of the beach on hot sunny days in summer and it looks packed with swimmers.

Sites were fairly standard- dirt floor with gravel packed in around the circle fire rings. We grilled right on the grate provided. Big picnic tables are provided on each site. All sites are wooded with plenty of trees to get a good tarp, and lots of options for hammock placement. Our site 1-32a was huge, and the driveway was a rather steep hill. Our site was not water view but we drove around that area to get a look and they are gorgeous.

While we were there there were tons of families around. Bicycles are a good idea since the gatehouse is a pretty good hike away from the camping areas, and you need to drop your trash off each night in the dumpsters that are located there. Showers were coin op. Hot, good pressure and about as clean as you could expect during mud season.

If you arrive between 1 and 8 pm, you check in at the office, but they have a slot for after-hours arrivals.

No pets are allowed here. Bring your bug spray, citronella candles and smoky firewood- the bugs here are no joke. But if you come prepared you can get by with minimal bites.

Love it

This one's got a special place in my heart because it was the first place I ever camped at. Nice spacious campsites. The view of the sun setting over the white mountains (you can just make out Chocorua) over white lake is unreal.