About Bear Brook State Park
Hike In
Bear Brook State Park is located in New Hampshire
11 Reviews of Bear Brook State Park
Been here twice now.

Some of the sites are a bit too close to each other but there are some that are nice and private. Mountain biking is awesome here, can ride right off the campground and onto the trails! Will def be coming back

Great little family campground

Family oriented can ground, has a nice playground. There's a beautiful waterfront with a swimming area and boat rentals. One of our favorite things was an archery walk through the woods and a little pond for fishing! Definitely worth the stay

First Time Camping

We were lucky to select a very private site. Several more private sites seemed available. Pleasant swimming area, hiking trails, playground. Tiny store. Bathrooms were not super clean, but this seemed expected. No electricity at sites.

Deep in the beautiful woods

Camped here two nights in 2015 en route to Maine.  Located in a 10000 acre forest preserve, the campground is heavily forested and very secluded from civilization.  We stayed on site 22, which was spacious and private from the other sites on either side.

We were there in the fall but the swimming area at the pond looked very  inviting for summer time campers.  I also liked the sites across from ours near the ball field and thought they would make a nice place for a large group of friends to pitch their tents  (Sites 31, 32, 33, 34)

The bath and shower house was well maintained and a short walk from 22.

The camp store carried some great souvenirs, snacks, ice cream and even had a coffee machine for those traveling light and in need of a hot cup of coffee.

Beautiful lake and owls at night

Some sites are right on top of each other, but if you can get a site in a more secluded spot it's very nice. I recommend a hike around the lake on the trails. Maybe an hour hike.

Grew up going here

I have loved this campground for a long time. There is so much to do and it is close to everything. They have just remodeled so I haven't seen the new cabins but I am sure they are great. This is my hometown and I have always loved going there. It is great for group events, hiking, or swimming for the day.Too much to do!

Great Weekend Getaway Spot

I was so impressed by how well the grounds were kept and how clean the bathrooms were. The tent sites were large which was great as we had two tents at ours. The park is very dog friendly for camping as well as hiking. The trails were very well marked and really conveniently close by to the campsites.

Will definitely be returning!

Quiet and accomodating

I've used it twice just as a stopover between the coast and a vacation in VT, both times coming in dusk and leaving after dawn, using a tent site to van camp. Chosen because I travel with dogs. Didn't check out facilities other than bathrooms (clean and convenient). LIke it very much for the kind of use I need.

Close sites, still nice

The sites were a little close and difficult to set up with more than one tent in our specific campsite. Went here to stay when attending a Tool concert in Manchester one summer. The facilities were close enough to the sites, but far enough away to not have the light shining into your tents. There seemed to be plenty of things to do like hike, fish, swim. Manchester is not too far for places to go out and eat at. Overall enjoyed our stay.

Great little campground

We camped here to check out the mountain bike trails in the park and we're not disappointed on either count. The campground is nice and spacious, well kept and the staff is friendly. The biking trails were a blast. We'll definitely be back again.