Hopkinton-Everett Lake, NEW HAMPSHIRE
Camping New Hampshire Hopkinton-Everett Lake
Most Recent Hopkinton-Everett Lake Camping Reviews
Beautiful camping

Very easy to get into Boston by train. Level sites, quiet, and very clean restrooms make this a perfect spot for touring historic Boston, Concord, & Lexington.

Awesome welcome

Employees are very welcoming and the place is clean. Quite big but secluded spots at the same time. Nice and clean toilets and showers(paid). A very good option if you go to Hampton Beach.

Beautiful campground

Loved this place. Campsites had nice spacing in between. Perfect sized lake to swim and kayak

Excellent state camp ground

I only spent 1 night, but I wish I could have stayed longer! Checked in late, at 7:45pm (15 minutes before the cutoff) and found the ranger to be SUPER helpful in regards to picking a walk-on site. The lake is beautiful, my site (#4) had plenty of available tinder as well as trees for my hammock and a fair amount of shade. The sites don’t feel super close to each other, but you can easily see and visit neighbors. Unfortunately my fire was too Smokey for nighttime pics. Hopefully I’ll come back to dyrt in the morning to post some that are honestly useful! :/

Great campground

Great employees, clean reliable power. No issues great spread out sites

Great location

Water hook up was on the opposite side of the site of where the camper needed to be, no sewer hook ups, The owners were very helpful by lending us a hose to help us reach the spigot, offered a honey wagon if needed, and accommodated us to allow our dog to swim. As dogs are not allowed at the beach or dock. Great location but small sites, and a small beach for the amount of sites they have, seems to be set up more for seasonals rather than temporary stay.

Good kids campground

Great campground for kids newer pool, with slides. Had issues with 30 amp service at site was not providing enough power, could not run all my campers amenities While my 20 amp designated outlet at home runs my entire camper with no issue.

Great campground

Great employees, clean reliable power. No issues great spread out sites

Great campground to boat on

Went there this past weekend. Brought our kayaks. I reserved a water front site for that reason. Well worth it. Amazing lake for kayaking, swimming, fishing and exploring. So many little islands and shallow spots to swim around or jump off rocks.

The public beach area is a nightmare, super busy. And we found that there were a few people who didnt respect the quiet hours.  Plus people would drive their cars to the bathrooms at night, in my opinion if you cant walk there, dont go camping. That was a nuisance. A big reason for me only giving 3 stars. Otherwise it's easily a 4 or 5 star.

Great place to stay for so many reasons

This is a great campsite.  Has all the hook-ups you need with free wifi and cable TV.  Quiet, clean with super clean bathrooms and showers. The camp is well maintained.  Has a pool and a couple playgrounds for the kids AND a recreation room with arcade games, pool, ping-pong and other games.  Free DVD and book lending library, so if you aren't enjoying the great outdoors or walking on their nature trails, you can just read or watch.  Easy access to the lake or hiking trails in the area.  Also just a mile away from downtown Meredith where you can do all kinds of stuff.  Staff is friendly and accommodating.

State park

Great state park campground! Some of the sites are close together but there are lakes to swim and places to rent kayaks/canoes/etc. if you need it.

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN BOO BOO!

This place should be called “yogi's ghetto camp". An ICE agents dream. Downtown Lawrence in the woods. Filled with the most disrespectful, loud and obnoxious guests I have ever seen and heard. Nobody spoke English and if they did, they were foul mouthed white trash. When we first arrived we were pleased with office and the store was clean, so we were not tipped off to anything unusual. We quickly realized this campground was riddled with health and safety concerns. The bathrooms: We could not ignore the extreme smell of urine in the air. I first chalked it up to someone in a nearby camper having their tank back up or that a toilet in a bathroom had trouble. But the smell never subsided. I went to the bathroom and found puddles on the floors, a backed up toilet and if you can believe it, soiled feminine napkins on the floor. Thankfully we have a working bathroom in our camper, however throughout the 2 days we were there the smell of urine continued. The kids zone: DANGEROUS- We would not allow our children inside the bounce house due to the fact that it wasn't being tended to by a staff member. There were about 45+ children, preteens and older teens inside at the same time jumping, smashing into each other and screaming. This bounce house is a medical emergency waiting to happen. As we were waiting in line to allow our children to use the inflatable water slide, one child literally flew out the side landing on the rock gravel ground. The pools and"hot tub"- OMG someone PLEASE shut this place down! DANGEROUS- both physically and for people's health. No staff or Lifeguard, Unattended children, preteens and teens jumping on top of each other, pushing each other, dirty brown water, used bandaids left on the side of the pool, tripping hazards left around the edge of the pool, wall to wall humans packed into this pool like sardines. You literally could not move. It's shocking that a child hasn't drown in this pool due to the rough housing of the animals dressed like children, tripping hazards and no space to swim. One day a child is going to slip under the water and nobody will realize they're in trouble until it's too late. The hot tub was a small hole in the ground with 20+ adults and 10-15 children packed inside it. Dead bugs, dirty water and pool diapers laying on the side. The golf carts- holy hell- a tragedy waiting to happen! 10 year olds driving up and down the wrong sides of the road with trucks and campers being hauled in and out. Not a single staff member insight to enforce any rules or to stop children from driving. The adult drivers were just as bad! The"beach"- A free for all! No room to move because of the over crowding. Trash left everywhere because the trash can was full. Empty beer and alcohol bottles. Public drinking and intoxicated adults screaming, swearing and fighting. Not one staff member in sight regulating the number of people in one canoe or kayak. Tent sights- Picture 25-30 people in two tents on one sight. The overcrowding for the small amount of sites was unimaginable and none of them spoke English. If you think I have described the worse circumstances for a campground, please multiply it by 10! You cannot imagine how bad it is based on my description. We actually left a day early because I could not handle the deplorable conditions or smell any longer. I am currently working with Pamela Vose at the New Hampton town offices as well as Preston Young at the NH Governors office to get some agencies involved. This place needs to be shut down. If you have similar complaints and concerns as I do, please contact Pamela at pvose@new-hampton.nh.us or Preston Young at preston.young@nh.gov immediately. The only way to get them shut down is to get as many people to email as possible.

Family friendly

A great atmosphere for everyone in our family. If we make it back out there we definitely will be staying again!

Love this place

We have been camping here for many years. The staff and seasonal campers are all very friendly. The campground and bathrooms are kept very clean.

Great family campground!!

Been going here for years ! Quiet friendly campground. With river access, clean bathrooms, showers Has a playground for kids. Swimming pool Always having crafts for children Very friendly staff.

First Time Camping

We were lucky to select a very private site. Several more private sites seemed available. Pleasant swimming area, hiking trails, playground. Tiny store. Bathrooms were not super clean, but this seemed expected. No electricity at sites.

Beautiful lake

First time staying there. Two tents allowed per site, no alcohol although no one checked. No water or electricity at the sites. You park & walk in but they provide carts. You have to buy firewood from them. Canoe, kayak & padddleboard rental available. Showers & bathrooms by the parking area. Lots of islands & places to explore on the lake. Buggy in June so bring your repellent. Dogs allowed…that’s all I got for now :)

Great family campground

Has everything from tents to RVs and beach to pool along with a playground for the younger ones.  Dogs are allowed.  Activities such as candy bingo and wagon rides.  We will be going back again soon

Perfect family getaway

Family owned and operated. Clean facilities and sites are not on top of each other. Located along the Baker River some nice fishing holes. Pool was perfect for those hot days, slightly heated. Smaller campground but perfect for kids and families. Seasonal campers were very nice and friendly.

Meh

Campsite has been under renovation for a few years now. Changed owners a few times and now is apparently a KOA. Booked a river campsite but there was no river to be seen. Seriously paid a premium and was told we had to walk through a path (there was no path). Pool was overcrowded and could use some TLC. Constant drive by by security. Not relaxing, not nice. Wish we stayed elsewhere.

Large, quiet camp ground

Very large campground with lots of woods to block you from other campers. Dog friendly 🐶

Nice place to camp

Great little campground in Meredith NH. I called last minute to get a spot and the could accommodate us that day for the 3 nights we were looking for. Can’t say that would happen every time but thankfully it did this time. They have a hot tube and indoor pool. They also have a nice game room for them kids or grown ups that struggle to leave technology behind. They also have a nice little play ground witch is always the first thing my little buddy asks to go find. I recommend this campground highly and will likely stay again if I need to be in the area. Here are some photos and a walk around video of our site.

Don’t waist your time.

I give it a 2 star because the Staff was nice. The camp ground itself is terrible. It looks like a camper / RV bone yard. Lots of what must be seasonal sites that have accumulated years of scrap metal and trash. Yep there is a golf course but trust me this place does not seem to be fitting for a golf course. The electric plug ins are so far away you have to have about 20yard of extension cord. Of course they conveniently have extension cords for you to barrow for a deposit fee. Long store short I don’t recommend this place at all. I didn’t even stay long enough to take a picture. I backed into my spot got out looked around and got back in my truck and drove north to a much better camp ground.

Great place!

Loved staying at Harbor Hill. Great places for families with good amenities. Pools, hot showers, and clean lots. There is a small store with all your last minute camping needs. Cut wood onsite to purchase. Would definitely go back.

Quiet family friendly

Our family loves this campground. We come here for softball and they are so accommodating. Plus the have an amazing Ice cream stand. I will post a video of their back field. My daughters always make me hit softballs to them here. Here is a brief fly over and a couple photos. Plus one of me chasing my son with my drone.

Awesome, fun, clean

Great spot run by a gentleman named Keith, he’s been running it for years. Such a nice guy. Spot has great sites. I use tent sites, usually by the river. Spots are clean & roomy. Bathrooms are alway clean & showers hot. There are trails you can hike and explore. Just a really fun place to stay.

Ranger Review: Gregory Octal 55 at Gilson Pond Campground

Gilson Pond Campground is small— just 37 sites nestled into the woods near a swampy, but beautiful pond in Jaffrey, New Hampshire. Most people stay here because it is located in Monadnock State Park at the base of Mount Monadnock. Have you heard of it?

Mount Monadnock is 3,165 feet tall and is best known because of its cameos in writings by both Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson. It’s quite a prominent peak in southern New Hampshire, and I’ve heard tell that it’s the second most hiked mountain in the world, after Mount Fuji in Japan. Mount Monadnock may not be the tallest mountain in New Hampshire, but it’s rocky and bald, and provides 365-degree views of the surrounding valley and distant mountains.

We chose Gilson Pond Campground because of its proximity to Keene State College, where we were headed for a college orientation, but we figured since we were camping near the base of a famous mountain, we might as well hike it. First tip, camp at Gilson Pond Campground the night before so you can get up early to beat the heat, if that applies, and the crowds.

This is one of the quietest and most peaceful campgrounds I’ve ever stayed at. The sites are super private, the rangers are friendly, and the mosquitoes are ferocious, but I can’t give a campground a bad review because of the mosquitoes. Just a warning to be prepared. There’s a decent bathhouse with pay showers, a small playground, and a loop trail around Gilson Pond that leads right from the campground. No matter which site you choose you’ll be happy. They’re all really nice.

A few words of caution- don’t bring a large RV- the sites are not meant for big rigs. Also, dogs aren’t allowed anywhere in Monadnock State Park, and while we were sad to leave our goodest boy at home, he would have hated the hike up the mountain anyway- too many rock scrambles.

A Quick Overview of the Hike up Mount Monadnock

The ranger at the trailhead office recommended that we hike up the White Dot Trail (2 miles) and down the White Cross Trail( 2.5 miles) so that we could do the steepest route on the way up and take it easy on the way down. This was a great suggestion.

The White Dot Trail starts off flat, but that’s very short-lived. The trail begins to climb steeply pretty early on. The second half of the trail is very steep with lots of rock scrambles. You definitely have to watch your footing most of the hike because the rocks can be wet in places and very slippery. Once you get above the treeline, follow the rock cairns across the ridge. On a nice day, you will be able to see for miles in every direction.

The White Cross Trail is not as steep, but my knees were still pretty sore after all was said and done. We started the hike at 8 am and finished up at 12 pm. We saw about 15 people in total, but when we got to the trailhead, the parking area was full and many people were starting their hike. I’m a middle-aged woman who does more walking than hiking, and I would consider this a strenuous hike that is totally worth the huffing and puffing.

Gregory Octal 55 Review

As a ranger for The Dyrt, I occasionally get to test out products and gear. For this particular trip, I received a discount on the Gregory Octal 55 Ultralight Backpacking Pack. It’s meant for short treks and can carry a maximum of 35 pounds. I used it for day hiking, and found to my surprise, that it was lighter and more comfortable than any of my day-hiking packs.

This pack has oodles of awesome features, including three external pockets, large hipbelt pockets, an Aerospan ventilated suspension system that wicks away moisture and keeps the pack off of your back, and a quick stow system for your sunglasses.

The Octal 55 is hydration bladder compatible, comes with a custom rain cover, and an ultralight aluminum frame. Oh, and I almost forgot the most important part— it’s designed specifically for a woman’s frame. Not to sound cliché or anything, but this pack was so comfy, I hardly knew it was there.

I had a small issue early on in my hike that I will mention. My water bottles, which were stowed in the two mesh side pockets, fell out on the rock scrambles. Because they weren’t held in securely, they would just slide out whenever I bent over. I realized after the fact that there are small straps that can be tightened around them within the pockets. This solved the problem after I scrambled down several rock faces after my runaway bottles.

All-in-all I’m really happy with this pack and can’t wait to take it on some longer adventures.

Delightful

This place is pretty awesome. They have an ice cream shop attached to their office/store, mini golf just outside of it too. There is an amphitheater for concerts and shows throughout the summer. RV Spots, tent camping spots, a dog park, badminton, basketball, horseshoe, shuffleboard, the works. The bathrooms are beautifully redone and clean. The laundry room is pretty good too. Its close to Brattleboro and Putney and just across the border to New Hampshire. I'd most definitely stay again when I'm in the area. The other guest were very nice and we could also have packages delivered.

Pools!

Great campground. The pools are amazing. Kid pools. Adult pools! Adult hot tub.

River Camping

The campground was nice. The site we had was an open grassy area though we tucked the tent off to the side. On the other side of the roped banking was a beautiful view of the river. The showers were nice and they were free! There is also a beach with great fishing! Highly recommend this campground.