The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Silver Creek , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Silver Creek Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Silver Creek Camping Reviews
Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Ozark Gem

I’ll start my review by saying I’ve never pitched my tent in this park but have visited many times. They added tent sites in 2019- they appear to be primitive and include a fire ring. The nice thing is the tent sites are far from the RV sites so no unwanted noises for tenters in the night.

Trails abound in and around blowing springs which connect into the back 40 trail system…you can hike the B40 but remember this is a shared trail and you will come across many mountain bikers enjoying the trails system. There is also a arbortrarium in the park towards the back, a couple caves, and a creek.

If you are in need of snacks etc it’s a quick 2 minute drive to the grocery store / sonic/ Pizza Hut.

Great for Trout Fishing

Not my favorite of all parks but also not one to miss. Roaring river state park has a working trout fish hatchery. You can walk the holding tanks and feed the trout from baby to ready to be released into the river. There is also a cave you can walk in where you’ll find a pool of water that goes for miles underground. Roaring river has three different campgrounds. I prefer ground one and two…however the downside is the spots are not very spacious / far apart from those camping next to you. There are also several hiking trails through out the park, a visitors center, bath houses, a pool, and swimming holes (the water is very cold—great in the hot summer)

They are currently redoing the park in a multi million dollar project. The plan was to be completed already however due to COVID19 there have been some delays. I am excited to see the improvements once complete.

Primitive fun

This campsite is not for those who want amenities. There are 4 SPACIOUS sites and they are what I would call primitive. No hookups/ no electricity/ no running water. Good for star gazing. Two sites have a paved pad and two do not…depends what you’re looking for. There are quite a few trails ranging from 1.5-4.5 miles—- total of 14 miles of trails. The nature center is small but they have two bison, a coyote, and many other learning opportunities inside. Speaking of bison and coyotes… you’ll hear the coyotes all night howling and barking…the bison are roaming around which you will be able to see where they’ve been by the scat droppings around the road and trail system. Definitely something to see if you’ve never seen the plains before.

Nice creek and fall colors!

My first experience in an RV park and it wasn’t a bad one. Pulled into a tent site with my teardrop and stayed for a night. The RV side is exactly how I envisioned and packed pretty tight. Tent spots were fairly well spread out and in the back of the park. Only downfall, which wouldn’t matter in the summer months but the shower was outside and it was a little chilly. Overall my experience was pleasant and if I’m ever in the area, I will not hesitate to stop by again.

Great overnight resting place

Clean. Safe. Great for an overnight on our way from Joplin to OK City. $30 for electricity and water. Easy check in and plenty of spots. Also, near the casino if you’re interested. Nothing fancy, but we didn’t need fancy.

Second visit, first time camping.

We will be back. Nice flat site with grass! Only 10 sites with water and power, two with 50A. You have to request a fire ring and bring your own wood (PSA: don't transport wood that could carry harmful bugs). Indoor bathrooms and showers available at the main building. Simple, but clean. Staff was so friendly! The whole family loved the self guided tour of Big Brutus. Clean and well maintained camps. Truly a marvel to see up close.

Summer after summer

My family has had a membership here for 20+ years. We come here and stay every summer! They have good size places you can stay as a family, as well as lots of RV spots. We absolutely love the mini golf course and game facility, as well as the Eagles Nest! There’s nothing better than sitting out on the deck watching the sun set after a long day on the lake. The bathroom & shower facilities are always clean, with excellent water pressure, and hot water.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Great place to go off road riding. Fun olace

This is a Off-road park that has cabins and other camping options.  Not a quiet place but for those looking to ride or enjoy some off-road fun this is a good place to play!  There are some hiking trails where you can ride them hike..