The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Pevely , MISSOURI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Pevely Camping Reviews
No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.

My fav!

Nestled in the trees

Some of the spots are close together but it seems to be that way because they kept as many natural trees as possible! We enjoyed the buddy sites so that our front doors faced our friends and the hookups were on the outside of each campsite. They also had group buddy sites that allowed four rigs to all front doors to face each other all being pull through sites.

My family also enjoy the Floating Trees ropes course. It was supposed to be about 2 hours but the instructors let them go an extra 45 minutes without anyone feeling rushed.

Great Missouri State Park and Campground

This campground offers no-services tent/RV and RV with electrical.  The electrical spots are all in cut grass areas, many with great shade trees.  The no-service sites are more wooded.  We did not visit the facilities (COVID) but the campground is well kept and nice.  The staff did not wear masks (hence the lower rating).

There are plenty of good walking trails along the river.  We are looking forward to coming back in the spring to walk these nice wooded trails.  We did not see any bike trails.

There is good cell service (ATT) at the campsites.  We did not detect any WiFi from our camping spot.

NOTE. The park is close to some motorsports arena which had loud events (drag racing?)  during the entire weekend we were there.  If you appreciate peaceful days and nights, check out the racing schedule first.

Ozark Outdoors

Ozark Outdoors provides our small group with a great environment and a beautiful 10 mile float. Camping was a little cramped, but it was still enjoyable. I want to go again and experience the other amenities that are offered such as high ropes and horseback riding.

Camping and Floating with friends

Had a great weekend camping out and floating with friends. They originally booked us for a tiny camping lot, and were awesome to find a larger spot for our group upon arrival. We rented one of the pavilions as well. It was awesome to be camped right on the creek and take a half way break at camp for lunch before finishing the float. Seemed to be a well run and kept place!

Spacious sites

We love Huzzah Valley. They have a system that is like a well oiled machine. Can reserve sites online, can check in from your car once you arrive. Very clean facilities. Sites are large and well kept.

Our Favorite Float Trip Camping

We average 3-4 trips a year here! We love it and the 5 mile float is the perfect amount of time on the river! They have fun themed weekends! 4th of July and Halloween are our favorites. There is no cell service but basic WiFi is free 1 hour at a time and this year we have noticed a major upgrade to their system!

Reviews on Campground #1 & #2

I’ve camped at both campgrounds offered at St. Joe. In the fall of 2018, we stayed at CG#1, the spot has a nice gravel tent pad with border, picnic table, and a fire pit. The spot also offered a concrete section for a camper and cars. We had a pop-up and one tent and it was very spacious. A great spot with a minute walk to a very well kept shower house and bathroom. We really liked this spot at CG#1.

CG#2 is located about 2-3 away from the main campground, this includes the shower house and main bathrooms. There is no shower house at CG#2. I stayed at CG#2 about a week ago. Very similar in design to the sites at CG#1, it also offers amenities for those with horses. We had a spot with electric and no water, water is located close by the vault toilets. The site has a gravel parking area rather than the concrete one at CG#1. We had two tents, two cars, and five people, just as spacious. If you want more seclusion and don’t really care about being right next to the showers, I would suggest CG#2.

Also, there was a trail located right by our spot at CG#2, it’s a good hike!!

Two clean and well kept swimming areas, great trails, good camp sites, and great bathrooms/showers!

very nice campground, unfortunate guests

This is a great free campground, no water or anything, just a toilet house. Campground has 8 spots, two of which were taken, one in the front, one in the back. We stayed at one of the middle sites which was nice and spacious. There was a trail leading down to a pond at the site across from us. The bugs here were a little worse than average, but not so much that I didn't get to enjoy myself.

What DID prevent me from enjoying myself was the family staying at the front of the campground. They had quite a set up, and also a dog in a cage under a blanket, and a child who was either kept or stayed inside their small RV. We heard the parents yell at both the dog and the child. The child screamed and cried, to the point where it was worrisome that these parents were abusing him/her. We were considering staying two nights, but there was more screaming in the morning, so we left. The people at the back spot came back after dark and left at first light.

There was a trailhead by the horse stall/parking area, but we didn't hike. This would have been an INCREDIBLY LOVELY visit if not for the troublesome family.