Duquesne , MISSOURI

Most Recent Duquesne Camping Reviews
Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

Best MO State Park

We recently stayed here for thr first time and we can't wait to go back! Our camp attendants were amazing! The river is striking. Everyone is so friendly. We hiked, fished, swam, and enjoyed the nature center (2 kids 3 dogs). We are anxious to ckme back during different seasons to watch Natures beauty and wonder!

Pretty cool place

I grew up 30 miles from RR.. over the years I have camped or visited here it has grown and in some cases gotten a little crowded, but with good reason, it’s a beautiful and fun site with lots to do in and around the park area. From wishing to ORV to hiking to lake access it’s an all around fun area. The Trout farm is a fun tour and the trails around the area are easy to access.. big sites in most areas, the upper area has full hookups while the river bottom is not.

Solace

Quiet and friendly area and clean

Our favorite place to camp!

We've enjoyed a week here and have had a blast!

Favorite place

I’ve been going here every year since I can remember. The camping trip to roaring river state park is the one thing I look forward to every year.

Great Fishing

All the campsites are fairly level and the entire park is nicely maintained. There is not water hookup at each site, but fresh water fill stations are easily accessible throughout the park. Great layout for family walks or kids to ride their bikes throughout. The bathhouses are nice and taken care of. The river is stocked with trout daily. There a few hiking trails.

Beautiful Place

Went tent camping with the family (6 of us ages 1-33) during the offseason. Just a beautiful place. Kids had a blast.

A plesent RV camp but not tents allowed

Noesho's Hickory Creek RV park is a nice park with mowed grass everywhere, gravel roads and grass sites.  The site are only $12 per night.  But be warned….No tent camping is allowed and you need to go to city hall to pay your camping fee as the campground does not have a place to self register, so if you plan on staying here you will need to get to city hall before they close for the day, and they are only open from Monday - Friday.  Site use to allow tents, but does not now, most likely due to the fact that their are no restroom facilities at this campground.  All the sites come with water and electric hook ups, and their is a RV dump.  Train tracks adjoining the park and these are busy tracks with trains running day and night.  Two sides of the park have a street and a highway alongside, but traffic is slow so it seems to be fairly quiet.  The campground is part of a much larger city park.  Part of the frisbee golf course runs around the camping area, and across the road is a nice bike path.  Hickory creek runs along the edge of the park and has good fishing.  Sites do not have picnic tables but their are a few in the park witch you can use.  No campfires.