Jackson, TENNESSEE

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Jackson Camping Reviews
Great place to stay

Nice campground, WiFi included. Quiet enough. Stayed in campsite 4, small but fine for our pop up.

Bathhouses were not fancy but cleaner than most, we were impressed.

Campground owners/managers were extremely helpful and polite, helped us get our camper set up as this was our first stay in a new camper.

Highly recommended.

Nice place

Nice campground with clean bathhouse. We arrived very late at night and the staff were very nice and helpful. The only bad thing about this place is all of the Geese at the swimming area.

Nice park, mehhh campground

I really like the tent area campground. Very accessible to the water & bridge. The horse trailer campground is nice and also close to the water. However, the RV campground is not close to the water and that was super disappointing. Lots of upgraded sites though and they are working on upgrading the bathrooms in the RV campground. The pads seemed level enough, but the sites were small and hilly. Ground also very soft and muddy, I guess from the recent construction. Very limited cell service in the park.

Repeat Camper!

Cub Lake Campground #1

I love this campground so much! It is very small and private. Only small campers and tent campers are allowed in this campground. I like the sites at the end of the loop because they are closer to the water, however, they are not as private. The sites offer 30amp elec and water hookup. The campground host is really nice and has wood on site for sale. The park store is close by for souvenirs and any other items you might need to purchase. The bathhouse is old, but super clean! We love the bridges that you can walk across to get to the cabins or to the swim beach area and kayak/paddle boat rentals.

Ranger Review: Grub Stick Deluxe Kit at Chickasaw Rustic State Park

Campground Review:

On Friday, August 23, 2019 my son Charlie and I camped at Chickasaw State Park to celebrate his ninth birthday. We couldn’t have found a better park than this one. It reminds me of the classic summer camps I saw on television as a kid: beautiful lake, horses, stables, paddle boats and canoes, and even a well maintained swimming hole. They even have three birds of prey on display for visitors to enjoy. From our arrival to the moment we left, the rangers and staff made us feel welcomed and safe. Ranger Brittany helped me find the perfect site and even checked in later to make sure that we were completely satisfied with the spot. Who wouldn’t be? The campsite was located right on Lake Placid in the middle of almost 15,000 acres of state forest. Each campsite in the tent campground had a new picnic table, a fire ring, access to potable water, and a grill. Our campsite, number 109, was located right next to a large handicapped parking spot that is big enough for a very large handicapped van. The parking spot was constructed on level ground with concrete. Campsite 109 was far away from the bathroom, but the trail to it was beautiful and made even the most hasty trip pleasant walking. Campsite 109 also had easy access to the pier which spans the width of the lake. My son and I enjoyed walking out into the middle of the lake and seeing the expanse of the Milky Way(what a treat!). There’s great firewood for sale at the stables for$6.00 a box. This is the best campfire wood I’ve ever purchased. It burned slow and steady leaving us enough to pass on to one of our neighbors the next morning. I would suggest spending at least two nights here. We only spent one, and my son and I didn’t want to leave. There’s so much we didn’t get to see and do at this park. This place is a real gem. I’ll guarantee that you will feel like you’re back at summer camp. By the way, don’t forget to bring a good lantern or flashlight with you: you will need it since many of the trails to the bathroom and out to the pier are very dark at night. This just helps you to see the stars better.

………………….

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the opportunity to test some of the latest and coolest camping products on the market. On my camping trip to Chickasaw, my son and I tried out the Grub Stick Deluxe Kit. What a fun way to cook over a campfire! In my kit I received two telescopic poles which have well made attachments such as the Grub Cage, Grub Fork, Burg Cage, and Grub Tube that attach to the end of the telescopic poles.

We used the Burg Cage for supper and it made awesome burgers. They had that perfect campfire flavor. My son enjoyed getting to cook his own food rather than waiting for dad to cook it on the grill. The handles are very comfortable to hold, and they were just the right size for my son’s smaller hands. The whole time he was using it, I kept hearing wows. It’s great when a company makes a camping product that engages children in cooking. The Grub Stick does just that.

The kit also came with special grips like the finger grabber and the hot pad to help open and close the cages and other attachments. You can really tell that the makers of the Grub Stick thought of everything when they were designing this.

One of the things that was really fun was the Grub Cage. It left me wondering,“where have you been all my life?” Instead of building the S’more AFTER roasting the marshmallow on a stick, you build it in the cage and toast the whole thing. I think this is the way the S’more was always meant to be. Everything, including the graham crackers, oozes with sugary, toasty goodness.

For breakfast, we used the Grub Tube and wrapped it with bacon and croissant rolls. It was as good as it sounds. As I was cooking, I kept thinking of other things that could be cooked over the fire using this kit. I’m excited to have it in my cooking kit now, and I see us using this quite often especially on those winter camping trips when we want to stay close to the fire.

Overall, this is a great product for engaging kids in camping. The Grub Stick will allow my kids to come up with their own recipes, put them together on their own, and then try them out on the fire. They love being a part of the cooking part of camping, and the Grub Stick is the perfect tool for this.

I did have an issue with one of the telescopic handles. After cooking three burgers, one of the telescopic handles broke. I contacted customer service, and they went above my expectations to not only replace it but to help me understand their product even more. Most people expect things to be returned with“no questions asked,” but this isn’t how Grub Stick operates. They asked for pictures and a description of the failure so they can make sure their product gets better and better. I wouldn’t hesitate at all to order more from this company. It’s great when people not only believe in their product but also stand by it and are always looking for ways to improve it. They sent a replacement immediately, and I can’t wait to get this back out in the field.

Nice, quiet, family oriented.

Quiet, near shopping, family oriented, Pet friendly, boat launch, shore fishing, store, pull through sites, friendly helpful staff, tent sites, great place to camp.

Quiet, family oriented, helpful staff, wonderful neighbors, & Pet friendly

If you are looking for a quiet, family oriented campground with boat ramp and is kid and Pet friendly you !ight just love Birdsong Resort and Marina Campground.

Friendly, comfy, easy

Such a great park. We showed up, swam in a beautiful and clean lake, and then cooked dinner and used the incredible bathroom facilities and did a campfire with incredible neighbors. Woke up and used the great shower facilities and hit the road. Will definitely be back again

Very Handicap Accessible

We stayed here with our son who is in a wheelchair. Pin Oak had 2 sites that were very accommodating and close to the bath house with a Great Lake view. Everything was clean and an awesome little weekend. Only complaint would be with their phone system. Tried to call several times about reserving an extra site with no luck. Eventually got through but it took 2 days.

Cub Creek Lake Campground #1

We stayed in Cub Creek Lake Campground #1, spot 12, on June 19, 2019. We sleep in two big tents and had originally reserved a spot in campground #2 which from descriptions was more aimed at tent campers. But after pulling into loop #2, we were able to switch our reservations to Loop #1 since #2 looked nearly abandoned with sloped sites and poor pad space. Our new campsite was great and had lots of room for our two big tents and and plenty of parking for our van. Nearby campers (mostly RVs) were spaced far enough away and the camp host was friendly and helpful.

Because of the season, it was hot and humid at night and we had a huge series of thunderstorms come through. The site drained well as well as the entire campground and next morning walking around the well-maintained trails and foot bridges over the lake was pleasant and dry. It looks like a big facility with a lodge and some cabins available on the other side of the lake. Would definitely recommend this site and this loop. Only reason I take a star off is because of the poor state of loop 2 and the lack of a dish washing station, but overall this is a great camp area!