Camping in Martindale Beach

65 Reviews of 10 Martindale Beach, Michigan Campgrounds

Chris M.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Small and friendly

The smallest KOA we have been to but it was a nice change. The new owner helped us back into our site - he was very nice and enthusiastic. Pizza delivery on a rainy night was a nice touch. We will definitely come back when it is warm enough to swim in the lake!

David B.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Nice park

Really enjoyed having a site on the River and watching the ships.

Priyank S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Very nice and well planned

Well planned and nicely maintained. Easy to find anchor points to camp. Great trails and kids friendly.

Enrique H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great place to camp

A lot of activities that you can do, while you are camping like fishing, swimming, kayak, trails, etc.

Camp area with fire pit, 120V power and clean bathrooms near.

D
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Nice campground.

Not a bad campground. We stayed in the south campground on site 32. The site was sloped as it is at the bottom of a hill. Had to use quite a few blocks to level our travel trailer. I would probably not use this spot again because of it. I did note the North campground is much flatter; however it…

Kate K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2021

Amazing place to hike but campground not included.

I absolutely adore Bald Mountain Recreation area! The trails are well maintained and well marked. There is also tons of clean, easy to access lakes within the park too. Perfect for kayaking, paddle boarding, or fishing. Unfortunately there is not a camping area within the recreation area. There is…

Chelsea
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

We love this campground!

This is our favorite campground! On the smaller side but perfect for our small family. Playground for the kids, tons of activities on the weekend. Fishing is great! Beach is big and clean.

Tim & Nancy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2020

Friendly? Spacious lots of activities

We stayed in area A in a water/electric site. It was a Boo Fest weekend. Lots of socially distanced activities for the kids and a scavenger hunt (finding clues on signs in park to solve a mystery). There 26 miles of bike trails and hiking. Many in park are paved. Also a disc golf course. Sites in…

Tammy P.
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2020

Hidden lil local Gem

While doing research looking for those local places to get away and feel like we’ve gotten away from the rat race we came across this lil gem! Mostly seasonal campers but still sites available for those nightly / weekender campers. All sites are 50 amp full hook ups. The beach is right on the…

Tammy P.
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2020

First Camping Trip in 2020

We finally got out camping together July 7th for a week! We do not have our own unit as of yet so we rented a Pop Up Camper for the week. Unfortunately we were only able to stay here for a few days of that week tues-fri as there wasn’t a single site open fri-sat. We took this first half of our…

Broccoli Boss B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2020

Modern and quiet

This is a great family campground. I’ve only stayed in section D with my tent. It is heavily wooded and I don’t see my neighbors in section D. Cell phone tower is close by. We especially enjoy the intermediate level mountain bike trails. Showers are hot. Lots of deer to see at dusk.

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

We love it here

Always been a great trip. Good sites I have stayed in both area B and C. Great hiking trails easy access. Friendly staff.

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

Great Visit

My daughter and I had a great time here. We went during the week so it was not packed. Nice workers help with anything asked. Food from the snack shack was good.

Shellī G.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Easy-Peasy

Firewood available but that is it. Nice lots! Bath house was always clean and fully stocked. Only park in the area with trees for shade at your site AND access to Lake Huron. Wish there was a little more privacy between the sites but would go back!

Christopher R.
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2020

Great Family Camp

We go here twice a year with friends and kids. It’s probably one of my favorite places. The drive is short and there are plenty of amenities to keep the kiddos busy all day.