Eagle , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Eagle Camping Reviews
Mid michigan campground

This is a campground in Yankee Spring Recreational Area in Mid-Michigan. This is a nice rustic campground near the NCT(North Country Trail).

Bruin Lake

Beautiful fall 🍁🏕🍂campground. It is between 10 to 20 min to the DTE mountain biking trails. The campground is very clean and I got two bars of Verizon cell phone service. The showers and bathrooms were already closed for the season when I camped there. The campsites have different sizes so pay attention to your boundaries. I enjoyed overlooking the lake and I will definitely be back again.

Private Sites

We stayed during very hot weather at the beginning of July 2020. I wanted to visit Potter Park Zoo so we choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow for a few days. Our site backed up to trees and I can't recall seeing our neighbors to the left or right. Because we didn't get any shade from the nearby trees we had to run the ac which is unusual for us in Michigan. We were in the midst of a heat-wave though and it was much appreciated. The park needs to upgrade the electrical system as this was putting a strain on their electrical equipment. We did go for a short paddle on (C) Ovid Lake, but again, no shade and HOT. I can't recall why we didn't go swimming?? Overall the campground was nice and I would stay again.

Doesn’t seem to have opened this year

As researching different near by campgrounds we came across this one and it looked like it would be great for a family reunion type of group event. Very limited sites in this peaceful piece of property but sites so big you could have multiple families on them. Looking for a different kind of adventure/ venue for a wedding without all the fuss n’ muss I believe this would be well worth looking into

Ok place

It is a state park. There are lakes to fish, boat, kayak. Sites have lots of growth.

Bruin Lake

Very clean! Newer restrooms two separate bath houses. Water was clean at the beach but no sand just a grassy area though I saw kids playing in the sand of the volleyball court. There is a new large playground structure and nice but short paved path for kids to bike or scooter around. Start balm mile mown hiking path by the boat dock For hikers or mountain bikers this site is 2 miles from the Waterloo/Pinckney Rec trails and you can get there by the main roads. It's also within 20 min Drive of the new DTE mountain bike trails in Chelsea. For Kayakers and boaters there is a long stretch of tie ups near the lower Lake edge sites. Also a really nice long fishing dock. ADA friendly sites and access to all water spigots and restrooms. We spent the weekend here with some friends for a weekend of running adventures on the trails and had a great time. We plan on coming back with kayaks and getting a lower or outside loop site by the lake on our next trip. The sites can be weird sizes, some are larger some are smaller and slanted. We saw a couple campers with larger rigs getting into arguments over the boundaries of the sites. So pay attention to the yellow boundary markers and check the dimensions when booking. Bryin Lake is 30 min from home for us so a great quick weekend getaway.

Outside of ionia.

Lots of bugs, seasonly because it's by a small river. Nestled right outside the city of ionia. To enter the park you cross a historic bridge. There is dispersed camping. Out house bathrooms.

Labor day weekend 2020

Had an amazing time! Friendly owners, great hiking trails, great lake access, and good prices in the convenience store at the front of the park as well. Most places over price their items because it's on site, but not these people. Definitely going back! Thank you "The Dyrt" for helping me find this amazing campground!!

Simple rustic camping with great access

Greenlake rustic campground offers 3 pit toilets a hand pump and small garbage site. Sites are generally first come first serve though reservations are now taken since the Covid-19. Most sited are shaded and all have a fire ring. Not always 100% level ground but nothing un-tentable. 2 sites probably won't take a trailer but most are fine for small rigs. A major roadway passes along the other side of the lake making lake front sites noise until about 12am and rear sites sit near a wetland aka the boarder of the mosquito kingdom; neither of these problems are terrible if you plan accordingly.

Please note this is a quiter campground filled with mtn bikers, day hikers, tent campers, anglers, small craft boaters, and thru hikers.