Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Yankee Springs SRA/Gun Lake Campground is located in Michigan
7 Reviews of Yankee Springs SRA/Gun Lake Campground
We will be back

My wife, 2 kids and myself spent a weekend here. Campground was quite quiet, sites were fairly large and level. The beach area is large and sandy but where you access the lake is kind of small. Quite a bit of watercraft on the lake but only heard 1 or 2 boats from our site. 2 items kept it from 5 stars in my book, 1 it was kind of difficult to find the campground entrance as it’s not very well labeled and the dump station takes a bit to get through. We were in line for about an hour before we dumped and we pulled off our site at 1. The two annoyances however aren’t deal breakers and we will be back again to this campground

Pretty Bunk.....

Well not sure where to begin, but best place seems Reservation through DNR website. I made my Reservation with no issues, maps of campground looked great, and all seemed great upon booking. Plugged the address into IPhone that was on my Reservation and when I got there not only was the address not an address, but more a spot at end of triangle in road some 1/8 - 1/4 mile past one of what I learned later, many Park entrances.

I doubled back to entrance and checked in with girl at desk. I should’ve known when I wasn’t on her check in sheet and she had to go to computer to find me, I was screwed or about to be. She did in fact find me and now informed me that my campsite was another 5-7 miles away on a road she did not know the name of, but did provide me with a map?.?.?

I finally got to the Deep Lake Rustic portion of the Yankee Springs Rec Area and made my way to my campsite. Now in the past when you look at DNR website and pictures of campsites you are booking, the illustration in very accurate not only in scale but obstacles you may face in route to destination. The drawing for this portion of the campground very much made like it seem there were multiple sites at the Rustic area on or very close to the lake. This was far from the case. The lake was close, but the woods was not something you could cut through easily then if you do, no shore, no dock, no swimming?

To make matters worse, and maybe due to COVID, best looking sites were listed as booked when I looked yet sat empty a day and a half I was there????? Closest market too up the road from “actual” entrance has not restocked since COVID. Really sucks when you can get just an Iced Tea…..

DNR or Yankee Springs to blame on this I’m not sure, but needs to be fixed online and in person.

Overrated

I think this campground is overrated but maybe I just got swimmers itch at this lake as a kid to many times. Gun Lake is crowed and very warm towards end of summer. Sites are decent size and wooded.

Awesome place for family

Went tent camped with electricity for 2 nights. Bathrooms and showers are nice. The park is safe enough for kids to bike around. The beach is clean and fun. We will definitely plan another visit!

Lake is rocky

Wear aqua shoes lake is rocky

All about the Trails!

This is the Modern campground at Yankee. It's not bad, well maintained. More of a RV and motorboat kinda campground and the noise and light pollution you'd associate with that. But the trails (hiking and mtb) were worth it. Some of the best riding in the state.

Great place

This is out in the middle of nowhere. Not a lot of bells and whistles…very rustic. This is also a short drive away from tons of beautiful walking paths.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift