West Pocomoke , MARYLAND

Most Recent West Pocomoke Camping Reviews
Cozy Cabin

I stayed in a group of 5 people to camp and hike in Pocomoke River State Park. I am a local of the eastern shore and wanted a little getaway that was not too far from home. The twin bunk beds were extremely comfortable and felt rather large with two of us sleeping in them. The cabin stayed warm and exceeded expectations. The hikes were a nice little nature stroll with well maintained trails and was very clean! We would for sure stay here again, especially when we start to have families of our own.

Peaceful spot

We only stayed on Assateague for 1 night on our way down the east coast. We camped on the bayside which had a really pretty view of the marsh and large camp sites. No electric hookup or water which is expected for winter camping, we managed without for the night. We took a ride over to the ocean camp sites and found some horses! Worth a stop just for the simplicity of it all!

Shad's Landing - Our Home Away from Home!!

This campground is our home base. It's only about 45 min from our home. We love this campground. Staff very friendly when store open and you see staff. Clean bathrooms and handicap accessible, as is the store.

Nice dock and boat launch area. We are kayakers in the warm weather and hikers when its cooler. We have kayaked north to Snow Hill, Md, south to Milburn Landing, west up Nassawango Creek, and Corkers Creek at the campsite. We have also kayaked out of Byrd Park, in Snow Hill. All these kayak trails are wonderful! Plenty to see, no bugs, no mosquitoes..some biting flies if you go into the lily pad areas. The park rangers spray to stop mosquitoes. The area is also a natural mosquito repellent because of the ph in the Cypress Tree waters.

Two loops allow dogs, one with electric and one without. Clean Bathrooms in each loop with nice showers and plenty of hot water. Handicap accessible in showers, bathrooms, cabins, walkways, parking.

Kayak and canoe rentals during season and handicap accessible for kayakers with special needs.

Good fishing in the area…I always catch fish here, but not so lucky elsewhere! Lol

Nice trails all around the area. Some horses and bike trails available..even some atv.

The park has programs and we painted a picture of Chuck the Owl (he was our model) which was fun. I have more pics on my camera I will upload later.

Check out this campground. You will love it!!

Great space and location

Our site has over 10 people and we all fit. Very quiet but maybe due to COVID.

This place is great.

So I loved the campground. I got a electric site with a place for a large tent. The grounds are very well kept, respectful attendants and clean grounds. I loved the trip the scenery and the whole site. One thing I did have trouble with is the grade of the sites are somewhat downhill so if you do end up camping during a time it rains be sure to put your tent on a tarp. I was floating my tent the night it rained. Otherwise an all around amazing place to go.

Great campground

This was our first trip in our first TT (33ft), we’re complete rookies! We had site 68 which had plenty of space for the TT, truck and car to park. The sites have plenty of separation and the park was very quiet. We talked to several fellow campers and all were very welcoming and helpful. We will definitely be making another trip there next year for a quick weekend getaway.

Perfect Beach Camping

Great place to Camp on the beach. The ones closest on the beach are on top of a dune with clear view of the ocean. The ones further back are lower but out of line of the direct winds. There's basic toilet and showers, a fire ring and picnic table with storage underneath. The wildlife including the ponies will get close to you. Buy stakes made for sand.

Important for guest

Trails end has gate with campground I.d. or sticker access. There are bath houses, laundromat, country store, restaurant, meeting building with free wifi, pool park, boat ramp, and 2 docks, electric hook up ( contact ANEC) water hook up. Sewer dump stations and no trash or trash pick up. Office staff can be annoying and have personal politics. Maintenance/Utility Department available. Yearly residence in campground and seasonal. NASA and DOD does fly over for training but not often and it's not annoying. Can have gulf carts. Office Maintenance Pool hall store and landurmat are spread thru out the campground. Bath houses all over the campground. Private security does not bother.

Something for everyone

This park has a sad history and is probably haunted, but it’s got ocean bay views, fishing, and historical recreations to visit. The campground is really nice, with water and sewer connections on the tulip loop. We used the web site to reserve our site ahead of time, and got a really sweet spot! There are a few mosquitoes, so don’t forget your spray. COVID-19 precautions have closed everything indoors, like the little museum, nature center, play ground and camp store.

Beautiful campground

Beautiful campground. We were in Tulip loop with full hookups. Very private large sites. Wooded with tall pines. The stars were amazing! Could see the Milky Way and every star in the sky no light pollution. Nice beaches and pet beach for our dogs.