The best RV SITES camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Ruthsburg Camping Reviews
Lovely place, watch out for cactus!

This was a favorite place while living on the east coast.  The campground is nicely laid out for a state campground.  Plenty of bike trails, places to explore, places to swim both in the bay and ocean.  I love the Atlantic in the summer…way more swimable than our Pacific Ocean.  I would gladly go back if I'm in the area.

Excellent value

Well maintained, easily accessible place. Great outdoor area around it. 5/5 👌

Nature nature nature

The woods are full of nature and diverse. species. We counted over 17 different species of fungi in a 25 foot stretch! I loved staying in the beautiful cabins and enjoying the nature strolls. Would most definitely return.

Scenic and quiet escape

Clean and well kept grounds, quiet atmosphere. Lums is very small and can be hard to get a weekend reservation. Campground is a short trail walk to the lake for fishing. On the other side of the lake there’s boat rentals and a zip line. Lums is one of favorite, however there isn’t much to do in the surrounding area.

My favorite spot!

I camp there multiple times a year! It's dog and family friendly, close to resources, but far enough that it's quiet and feels remote! No cell signal in the campground so the family is forced to disconnect. I absolutely love it!

We had a fantastic time!

We had a fantastic time our 1st time at #AdventureBoundCampingResort in Lothian, Maryland. While at the campsite, we met a great guy from East Tennessee, Steve, who was in the Air Force, and he was as nice as could be. We had arrived after dark on Friday and Steve came over to offer to help with the tent setup but we wanted to do it all on our own in true “girl power” form! But after rethinking it, we decided to sleep in the car!!!! 😂 Next morning we arose to setup our sitewe had an absolutely wonderful time doing it .That is, until the rain came about 1am Sunday morning! It rained and rained and rained and rained and rained! Not only did it wake us, it started us thinking what we’d do with a WET TENT! I was going to stay another day just to let the tent dry out but, it’s going to rain all day into Monday. And then! My oldest granddaughter felt ill and had to be picked up by her mom! I was left with my two little munchkins, Michaela and Samaijah to take everything down — in the constant rain!!! Well, we decided to head over to Home Depot to get ponchos for us and McDonald’s for their promised pancake breakfast, then headed back to start the task of breaking down our camp site. With the help of my little munchkins, we packed everything up and loaded the car in no time. The only thing left was the wet tent! I decided to forego the folding and just gather it up and put it in a garbage bag just to get us home and out if the rain — that worked for them too!! They did a great job and were a true representation of the saying “little but mighty”! Steve and many of the long term campers were military and construction workers, in addition to senior citizens. Saturday night seems to be the neighbors party night so it was quite lively with music and laughter. This camp has electric and water at each site, clean toilet and shower facilities, playground and pool.

Not happy here

This was a last minute reservation since what we originally had reserved didn’t work out. We were expecting something nicer especially with how pricey it is here. Sites were very close. The site was part Gravel and mostly mud/grass. There was trash on site. It appears that most of the people here live full-time. The driveway was dirt/gravel with a lot of holes. Nearby road was very busy with a lot of traffic noise especially early in the morning.
People in the office were very nice and accommodating.

Excellent Weekend

Love this DE state park! 5 different loops. One for all tenting, loop E. One with all pull-through sites, loop D. Three with back in spots, loops A-C. If you want quiet, stay in loop D. This was a full weekend and a bit crowded. We had an end site facing the pond (C 20). Very level sites BUT a lot of trees in the way when parking your RV. Most spots have tight areas to maneuver into with trees and hookup posts on either side. We saw several we couldn’t believe they parked without hitting a tree. Lots of trails to hike and boat rentals; canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, pontoon boat, and I think a row boat. It’s located in lower DE near the MD line. There’s a walkway between all loops to connect them and easily walkable. Has electric and water hookups.

Great campground overall

We arrived at our hike-in site just after midnight and was pleasantly surprised that we were one of two groups of campers on that Thursday night. Firstly, the walk to hike in is gloriously short for car camping. We were able to schlep all of our gear in three trips. We had considered taking a wagon but I'm glad we didn't. The check in process the following day was very short, but be forewarned that if you leave the campground and return prior to getting your camping tag you may have to pay the park entrance fee (we did not but were warned).
There is sand everywhere (you are almost at the beach) so a small dustpan and brush will keep your tent tidy. The bathroom and showers are just outside the hike in parking lot, but could use an upgrade. The shower stalls don't have a private changing area, just a long bench on the opposite wall from the row of push-button showers. Also, the drain for the shower isn't in each stall so water tends to flood the area between the bench and the showers; bring a pair of shower shoes.  The water pressure was good and the shower was hot.  It may be a bit too much for little kids, though.  As the campground is usually fully booked, it would be nice to not have to leave my clothes and glasses on a public bench while I shower (I've had my Rx glasses stolen from a campground bathroom before). This is my only reason for the 4 star review. At night, we were able to hear the waves crashing on the beach, but have no ocean views. It was very soothing and I slept like a log! The camp store has wood for purchase, and scavenging dead wood wasn't a very successful for us outside of kindling.
There are plenty of walking and biking trails, a free nature center with a touch tank (tank closed on our visit due to Covid), and historic Fort Miles.
We would definitely stay again.

Lovely!!!!

What a clean, quiet, well cared for campground!!  I saw some negative comments on another site and was very surprised.  The sites are sufficiently large.  Certainly one can see other campers but check the site map and you can certainly find sites more private than others.

VERY dog friendly.  They have an off leash dog area and swimming  area.  The trails are nice, wooded, uncrowded.   Cross the street and you can access the canal trail surrounded by protected land.  Great for walking/biking combined with canal traffic watching.  We walked the dogs along trail and saw 1 other person. Another day we drove along the dirt roads along the canal and saw 2 other vehicles the whole time.

Easy to ride into Wilmington as well as very close to the Brandywine area.

Do yourself a favor and visit Hagley Museum!

I  definitely recommend this campground!