The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Ritz Estates , MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Ritz Estates Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Ritz Estates Camping Reviews
Nice and dated

It was probably an amazing park 30 years ago. The creek was really nice. Sites were good size and ours had a patio. Had a fair amount of amenities for kids.

Surprisingly nice

Surprisingly nice campground in a city. Lots of things for kids to do and access to bike trails outside of the complex.

Great place

Whenever we go to Gettysburg which is usually once a year we always stay here. Really nice place. Recommend a site by the creek Cool laid back staff and clean bathrooms nice playground for kids. Not to mention it’s a few minute drive to historic Gettysburg. It’s nice and out of the way of the busy parts of town.

Nice spot by the water

Small campground with a pit toilet right on the Potomac river picnic table and fire ring with a few nice trees throughout the camp area. Easy to get to and not far from the towns. I will say there is a road right by the camp is and there are consistent levels of cars into the evening. Still worth it! Pit toilet was not very clean and there are no trash cans so folks had taken to leaving their trash in the bathroom.

Nice place to stay

Nice place to camp me and the wife was there July 4th weekend close to the pool

Animal Fun and Frolic

This was a fast favorite! We were there around Halloween and they had decorated the park so nicely. The sounds of the farm animals all around was fun and amusing for us. It was an easy hike as suggested on the map to circle around and through the cornfield, you get a great view of the farms nearby and the river. The country store has souvenirs, sundries, snacks and ice cream. You can buy firewood there too. The main attraction is the animals, but there is also a cute playground for the kids.

Scenic, accessible, and peaceful!

Site Details: We stayed on site#13 in the Rock Run camping area. The site was very level, nicely shaded, and positioned a short distance from the bath house. There was also a water spigot located right at the entrance of the site. However, the best feature in my opinion was the sort of “hidden” clearing in the woods right behind us, with a group of boulders for sitting. My kids loved playing down there. I don’t think there is a bad site in this camping loop, but I think we got the best electric site. It was a tad on the short side though, so I wouldn’t book if your rig is longer than 25’.

Facilities/Overall Park: This is a very peaceful and heavily wooded park, with minimal but perfectly adequate facilities. The bath house was large and well-maintained, and the outside dish sink even had a garbage disposal. There are a decent selection of trails for all activity levels, and there is a facility called the Tea Room that is very popular for events(though we didn’t visit it while we were there). No large playgrounds, but we did see a few bare-bones swing sets scattered throughout the park.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: This park is in a great location for outdoor enthusiasts. Cunningham Falls, Catoctin Mountain, and Greenbrier SP(with AT access) are all a short drive away. The nearby cities of Frederick and Middletown offer all modern conveniences.

Overall, we really liked this park, and it is now on our “short list” of favorite MD state parks. If you can’t find a site at the nearby, more well-known parks like Greenbrier and Cunningham, this would be a great alternative. Heck, even if the others aren’t booked up, you still might want to opt for Gambrill anyway if you’re looking for a more peaceful, secluded camping experience.

Great place for a staycation

BR park is absolutely beautiful. So much to do and centered around many historical sites. It’s a gem

Great Lake

This campground has a great little lake to take out a kayak in. The sites are decent size and there are some great hiking trails!

We had a fantastic time!

We had a fantastic time our 1st time at #AdventureBoundCampingResort in Lothian, Maryland. While at the campsite, we met a great guy from East Tennessee, Steve, who was in the Air Force, and he was as nice as could be. We had arrived after dark on Friday and Steve came over to offer to help with the tent setup but we wanted to do it all on our own in true “girl power” form! But after rethinking it, we decided to sleep in the car!!!! 😂 Next morning we arose to setup our sitewe had an absolutely wonderful time doing it .That is, until the rain came about 1am Sunday morning! It rained and rained and rained and rained and rained! Not only did it wake us, it started us thinking what we’d do with a WET TENT! I was going to stay another day just to let the tent dry out but, it’s going to rain all day into Monday. And then! My oldest granddaughter felt ill and had to be picked up by her mom! I was left with my two little munchkins, Michaela and Samaijah to take everything down — in the constant rain!!! Well, we decided to head over to Home Depot to get ponchos for us and McDonald’s for their promised pancake breakfast, then headed back to start the task of breaking down our camp site. With the help of my little munchkins, we packed everything up and loaded the car in no time. The only thing left was the wet tent! I decided to forego the folding and just gather it up and put it in a garbage bag just to get us home and out if the rain — that worked for them too!! They did a great job and were a true representation of the saying “little but mighty”! Steve and many of the long term campers were military and construction workers, in addition to senior citizens. Saturday night seems to be the neighbors party night so it was quite lively with music and laughter. This camp has electric and water at each site, clean toilet and shower facilities, playground and pool.

Year 2021 Flag