The best TENT SITES camping near
Port Tobacco Village , MARYLAND

Most Recent Port Tobacco Village Camping Reviews
Nice place

This is a small facility that is well maintained. The staff is amazing. The showers are clean/hot and the playground is in very good condition.

If the campground had better wifi and cable it would get five stars.

Diverse friendly RV campers!

Nothing here no access from C&O canal

Nothing here no access from C&O canal. Unless someone’s lost in McKee Bieshoeeer, I doubt you’ll find anything. The marker shows site on or in canal. Most sites that are north of the path shown are not really there.

Easy hike in camp site

7 or 8 tent pads. Wood for sale at the site for $4 honor system. Porta pottie right next to wood pile. You’re not supposed to setup anything outside of the “tent pads”. I had a hammock hung and three rangers saw but didn’t say anything. Over all easy 2.5 mile hike on groomed gravel trails. No water on site and no reasonable source to filter water from so be prepared.

Mm 26.2 c&o

River view lots of room port pot, fire ring and grill. Picnic table water pump. Non pot water.

Good spot mid river

Lots of room under trees two picnic tables and fire pits. River view. Water pump and port John.

No access it shows this site in a field near the canal

No access it shows this site in a field near the canal but there no way to cross over the canal. There’s a large parking spot sized green patch on the river side of the canal. No river view.

Great place for a staycation

BR park is absolutely beautiful. So much to do and centered around many historical sites. It’s a gem

You have to be joking

This place is filled with mostly people living in their trailers. Nothing is up to date.. beware

We had a fantastic time!

We had a fantastic time our 1st time at #AdventureBoundCampingResort in Lothian, Maryland. While at the campsite, we met a great guy from East Tennessee, Steve, who was in the Air Force, and he was as nice as could be. We had arrived after dark on Friday and Steve came over to offer to help with the tent setup but we wanted to do it all on our own in true “girl power” form! But after rethinking it, we decided to sleep in the car!!!! 😂 Next morning we arose to setup our sitewe had an absolutely wonderful time doing it .That is, until the rain came about 1am Sunday morning! It rained and rained and rained and rained and rained! Not only did it wake us, it started us thinking what we’d do with a WET TENT! I was going to stay another day just to let the tent dry out but, it’s going to rain all day into Monday. And then! My oldest granddaughter felt ill and had to be picked up by her mom! I was left with my two little munchkins, Michaela and Samaijah to take everything down — in the constant rain!!! Well, we decided to head over to Home Depot to get ponchos for us and McDonald’s for their promised pancake breakfast, then headed back to start the task of breaking down our camp site. With the help of my little munchkins, we packed everything up and loaded the car in no time. The only thing left was the wet tent! I decided to forego the folding and just gather it up and put it in a garbage bag just to get us home and out if the rain — that worked for them too!! They did a great job and were a true representation of the saying “little but mighty”! Steve and many of the long term campers were military and construction workers, in addition to senior citizens. Saturday night seems to be the neighbors party night so it was quite lively with music and laughter. This camp has electric and water at each site, clean toilet and shower facilities, playground and pool.

Nice quiet clean campground 30-40m from DC

Stayed here for 2w while visiting friends in Alexandria. Took me 25-30m to get there so you are far away from bustle of city but not so far that going in to enjoy breakfast or the sights is a feat. Nice and quiet here during winter more so during week than weekends.