Camping in York Village

209 Reviews of 52 York Village, Maine Campgrounds

i
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

New name

This campground is under a new name it is a koa now and is better then it was under the old owners I spent 3 here it is kinda pricey 107 a night on the weekend

Site64 and 92
i
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Quite

Stayed here for a night it was quiet relaxing tent sites are in a field with no power hookups and when it rains you can't have your car in the field because people get stuck poured on us while we were there but other than that it was a nice place

Sitetent
Michelle C.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Fussy management, lots of permanent residents

There are a lot more permanent sites than open sites for transient guests, and sadly many were run down. No dogs allowed.

Speed limit is 5 mph, don’t even try going 7 mph even on a downhill.

Beverages will be checked at the pool, only water allowed, no soda or alcohol. Mosquitos were out of…

George G.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Don't waster your money

Horrible camp ground, unkept and run down. Muddy Pot holes on every road. Dirty bathrooms, Pool is the only amenity. Zero activities. Without water and power for over 12+ hours. Flooded site, unpleasant and incompetent staff. We will not be returning.

Melissa B.
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Favorite NH Spot

This has quickly become my favorite place to camp solely because of the sites all being in wooded areas that aren't cramped, and also for the kayaking. The lake itself is beautiful and so fun to be out on the water. There are a bunch of small islands throughout the lake to pull up on a sandbar and…

Stephen R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Tidewater

Close to the beach and other area activities.

p
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Great for kids and dogs!

Nice clean camp ground. Beautiful dog park with agility course. Restrooms were clean and centrally located.

Sitetent site
Michelle C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Love the water, not a fan of the non-campers

This is a city park with a beach and a campground. This is a no frills campground, though there is a playground and beach. It’s less than 2 miles from Salem and on the trolley line.

Site10C
Ronald B.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Rainy and wet

Started with really expensive sites, and we had 4 of them next to one another. Rained the whole time we were there. Wouldnt even consider a discount, nothing. Put up tarps, then was told we can't have them up. As far as camping. Nope. Now the Pow-wow on the other hand. Have yet to miss one

Sitedon't remember
Jean C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Large campground near, but not on the beach

First of all, the location is a little quirky and I think I only arrived once without a wrong turn! Watch the GPS carefully. That said, it’s very close to Hampton Beach and you can easily drive or bike over. The campground is parallel to US1, so there is some road traffic noise. Some of the tent…

• My site for the weekend - 4A
  • Tidewater Campground Site 16G
  • Tidewater Campground Site 16H
Site4A
sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Rainy weekend

To be fair to the campground when we were there it rained a lot! The campsite behind ours got totally flooded and the peoples stuff was soaked! The bathrooms were not kept very clean and all of the showers were clogged. But there is a nice river you can float down so that was nice! I would get a…

sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

My favorite campground

This place is so great! We have camped here every year for the past few years. I love the bathrooms, always very clean and they are singles! Great short bike ride to a beautiful beach! Love it!

Sitebeach rose 6
F
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Great lakeside views!

This park was much bigger than I thought. Great tree covered spots on Horse island. Next time I will try to get a water's edge spot and bring a float.

I was disappointed that the swimming area was closed due to bacteria in the water. I'm not sure if that is typical for this place.

The one other…

Christy M.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Very crowded

My husband and I wanted to try out a camping spot semi- close to our house for our first trip with our dog (in case he didn’t enjoy the tent lifestyle). We reserved a spot at Bunganut for three nights over Memorial Day weekend. We knew there would be a pretty full house, but this was insanity.  The…

Timothey S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Fine campground ... not for tent campers

We stayed here in Summer 2019.

We had a nice time as this is a very well maintained family campground.

Pros

• It was over 90 degrees the whole time so we were very glad for the pool.
  • It's in a beautiful area and you can walk (not a short walk) to beach - it's was also great.