Westville Lake, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent Westville Lake Camping Reviews
Favorite place to camp in CT....

Well spaced out lots, you have a lot of privacy, there is a drive in movie theater 10 min away (we always tailgate a movie as tradition) it’s close to a bunch of quaint towns.

One of my all time favorite hikes.

A good old place

My BSA troop has been going here for years to help new scouts learn to camp. It is a very casual site and good for your first trip, you are close to your car and the road in case you need it so no need for a bear bag. I like the sites

Beautiful family campground w/large grassy sites. On the Natchaug River

This campground is so scenic. Surrounded by the Natchaug forest, and adjacent to the Natchaug River. Great activities for everyone.

The best Family campground around

You won’t leave regretting your choice to camp here

All the amenities. Cabins, tent or RV sites

This campground has showers (pay with quarters for hot water) activities for the kids, pool, arcade, snack bar? Ponds that after a busy weekend seem to be full of dump station over flow because the smell can be a little much at times.

Overall friendly people. They sell propane and firewood.

Too many rules

There are alot of things to do there but so many rules. You cant really have a great time.

Organized, Clean, Family Friendly

We stayed here for a few nights when they celebrated Halloween 🎃. It is super easy to get around. They had tons of festive activities. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The restrooms are clean. I highly recommend staying here. It was a lot of fun.

Had no idea it was there!

Stayed in October 2018. Tucked away in the woods I never knew this was there! Beautiful pond and a good mix of seasonal and overnight sites as well as cabins. Plenty of areas to walk our dogs and have them swim. Playgrounds, bath houses throughout and fully stocked camp store with anything you could ever need. Organized events, cafe on site and quick drive (or Uber ride) to Mohegan Sun.

Loved it!!!

Deep in the woods. Great variety of activities. Swimming lake, canoeing lake, pool, playgrounds. Choice of shade in trees or open field. Nice sites. Decent laundry and showers. Great place with kids…..lots of seasonal, but plenty short term. We will be back!!!

Family friendly campground. seasonal here for 4 years

Amazing staff and fun activities every weekend.

Clean and friendly

The owners are very friendly and helpful. The park is clean although it can be a bit noisy with commuter traffic. Easy to maneuver even with a big rig.

No longer open

I called once to make a reservation and was told they shut down operations years ago.

Quiet and friendly seasonals

I have stayed here many times over the years due to work in the area. The owners are always working on improving sites. The pool is ok, the new playground is awesome according to my little experts and there are some nice sites along a brook. It does get busy at times and in one case very noisy. The owners addressed the issue right away and asked the group to leave the next morning. I, sorry for the bad experience another camper had but the owners have always been very friendly and helpful to me.

Our family stayed here, we loved it. It was clean, pretty, with lots to do

Our family had a great time here for long holiday weekend. It's a nice pretty campground.

Very quaint. The youngsters had a ball exploring, and found a few bull frogs to race later on..lucky for the frogs they got to race to freedom, lol

THough the kids cried, why did they leave?

I Will be going back again this year, a whole bunch of us are meeting up..we're renting sites next to each other along side the water…

Clean

Decent campground. Sites are spaced out. No really good swimming area, unless you go to the other side of the lake to the public swimming area. Bathrooms are kept pretty clean. Campsites are large and are spaced well apart. We like going here.

The best of New England!

The White Mountains, New Hemisphere, is a must, worth the short drive especially if you can go in early October, when the leaves are changing. Boston is only 40 minutes away, and the best of Maine is also very close. If you’re not up for sightseeing, and you want a good pizza take the 7 minute walk from the campsite to Chip Shots, yum. The staff and campgrounds were both very nice.

Clean

Spent the 4th of July w my bio-dad here several yrs ago, don’t recall much except there were fireworks that hit several tents, fortunately no one was injured.

Wells State Park

I was very pleasantly surprised by this Park, just tucked away off of Route 49 in Sturbridge. While I didn’t get to explore the entire grounds, I was impressed with how beautiful and shaded the Park was and all the trails it had to offer. Plus, it is practically down the road from Treehouse Brewery, near Sturbridge Village, Hyland Orchard and countless other community amenities.

It is absolutely lovely in the fall, especially on the water at the campers’ beach. Quite calm and scenic. Site 2, right nearby, is a great spot. Fairly large and literally feet away from the beach.

Quite family friendly campground with large RV spaces

Located in the quite cornerbof CT. The RV sites are very large and the owners gonoutbof their way to my you happy.

They recently installed”At Home Quality” WiFi so the whole family can enjoy the weekend.

A rural family campground near Barre, MA

We stayed in Coldbrook twice, one on Violet and once on Daisy, both times in June for the Spartan Race. The guests were split between weekend warriors and hard-core seasonals. The roads were all dirt and the initial drive down into the campground is very steep. The amenities are nice, with a 9 hole golf-course, a nice pool and splash zone, a game room, playground, and covered picnic area. Both times we stayed in a tent. Overall, I prefer the Daisy loop because we were farther removed from the main camping area. The second time when we camped at Violet it was next to the playground and the picnic area, and although these were extremely convenient, I would take sleep any day. Quiet hours were not even remotely enforced and drunken partying went into the wee hours of the morning. Otherwise, the campground was ok. The bathrooms and showers were decent. The events that we attended were nice. However, I do not believe I would stay here again.

Friendly, helpful

Staff was very nice, adequate amenities. Very little privacy between campsites even in wooded areas. A smaller operation with a high percentage of seasonal residents. They do seem to offer some interesting activities for kids with weekend fire engine rides, a gem panning center, seemingly well maintained playground/pool and a small haunted house for October. Not fancy but very functional and a convenient location for us, we will visit again.

Great campsite on the farmingtom

Awesome campgrounds that makes you feel your truly out of Connecticut

Great place for opening day of trout

Small little campground located in an amazing a beautiful park. Go here every spring for opening day of fishing season and camp the entire weekend.

Perfect location central in Connecticut

This place is off Route 9 in Connecticut on the east side of the Connecticut River (major RT 9 highway is on west side). You need to cross the river via bridge to Goodspeed Opera house and past to get to the RV campground. Nearby attractions are Gillette Castle and Goodspeed Opera. The campground itself is realy nice. Cable TV at most sites. Only electric 30 or 50A, and water; but there are a few dumpstations around in the camp. Very peaceful. There are activities on Friday and Saturday (like Bingo). Great store with extended hours. The camp staff will help you with anything. Really long or tall RV will need to stay close to the front of the campground, as typical older campground is not designed for 40 foot long or 10 foot high campers.

Everything I wanted in a site

It has the usual beautiful pines, marked trails and brooks in the area. Enough people around so you aren't lonely but still have your privacy and space. Absolutely beautiful area that feel untouched by the surrounding population.

Older but lots to do

The campground is older, and the roads/driveways need work. For those looking for newer facilities, this isn't the place. There are no 50 amp sites. The rec hall and the bath houses are old, but we don't mind the old fashioned spots at times. Reminds me of camping as a kid. There are a lot of activities for the kids and adults. Shuffleboard, bocci ball, fishing, bingo, playground, pit luck dinners, etc. There is wifi available.

There are a lot of seasonal campers which can sometimes feel like you're intruding on their space. There is a page of rules to follow, the seasonals ignore them.

There is no black water hookup, only gray water. You have to have them clean out the black or dump on the way out.

Over crowed

Great amenities and faculty members that run non stop group activities .. 6 pools with adult only pool and splash pad for the kiddos . Basketball courts , pickle ball court, softball field.. u name it they have it … . BUT the place is being over run by campers in very large groups that are rude and obnoxious ..

Very friendly , quiet , and helpful place nestled on the Quinabaug river

The place is quiet and super friendly