North Hartland Lake, VERMONT
Camping Vermont North Hartland Lake
Most Recent North Hartland Lake Camping Reviews
Friendly staff, clean sites, great fun

Stayed here for 3 nights. Everyone was so helpful and very nice. "Good morning friends!" They brought our firewood right to us and even recommended a place to get great pizza on a rainy night. There is a trail from the campgrounds to see the beautiful gorge. They also had very clean bathrooms too. We will definitely be back.

minimal complaints

the showers weren’t the greatest even by campground standards, but other than that amazing views

Super Family Friendly

We stayed in our pop up for a quick weekend and we were very impressed. There were several small bathrooms throughout the park which made it super convenient with little kids! We stayed in loop B which was nice and wooded. Plenty of space to back in to and there was a fire ring and picnic table, with plenty of room. There were TONS of kids which was great for us, but may not be everyone’s cup of tea. The band on Saturday night was so fun and the kids loved it. The pool was extra clean and nice. Everything else was super clean and easy to access. We will be back for sure!

Gasoline generators from morning to night

Saw Hapgood Pond was well reviewed so just went for 2 nights. The site across the way ran a generator midday for3 hours each day. One site down and across a large RV ran their generator from 7 to 10 am or so and again from 4 to 9 pm. These folks never stepped outside their RV. 1 mile trail and day use swimming and boating area. Pit toilets. Showers at day use area at pond. No firewood available. No campground office but host volunteer updates tags on site numbers showing free or reserved.

Huge campsites lakeside

I couldn't believe how large the lots were. While they arent super far from one another, they are large enough that they seem further than they are. Nice beautiful wooded area, we were able to put a tent and hang a hammock for sleeping. Price was very reasonable. The bathroom closest to us was having a running water issue, but it wasn't a big deal for us the lean too lots looked nice too if you're looking for coverage. It was a little close to the road, but it isnt a major road so I looked at it like a reasonable alarm clock. The lot was freshly raked and there really wasn't anything we didn't like about the site. Campfire pit had a grill!

“Glamping” at its finest

Came here year after year for the culture and ability to entertain without leaving! On premises hiking trails, pool (with water slide), and arcade. When you don’t feel like driving to a trailhead, or into town to do some shopping, this place is perfect for hanging at the site and letting the kids run off on their own. Sites are generally well wooded, well sized, and a bit close together. Water and electric are available, to complete your glamorous car camping experience. It’s a great place to introduce someone to the idea of camping without making them hike a mile with 40% of their body weight on their back. Haha! No cell reception last time I was there, but they had pay phones! REAL pay phones!

Excellent state camp ground

I only spent 1 night, but I wish I could have stayed longer! Checked in late, at 7:45pm (15 minutes before the cutoff) and found the ranger to be SUPER helpful in regards to picking a walk-on site. The lake is beautiful, my site (#4) had plenty of available tinder as well as trees for my hammock and a fair amount of shade. The sites don’t feel super close to each other, but you can easily see and visit neighbors. Unfortunately my fire was too Smokey for nighttime pics. Hopefully I’ll come back to dyrt in the morning to post some that are honestly useful! :/

First tent camping experience

This was a great place to start our camping adventures. Friendly staff and helpful pointing out places to hike. Site was clean and quiet. Bathrooms were clean and showers were hot. A pleasant treat after hiking.

Beautiful location in VT.

Family friendly

Family friendly campground. Short drive to see wildlife from the road.

quiet, large sites

I reviewed this campground last fall after visiting on the final day of the season, but I just had a chance to sty here during a peak summer weekend and have a few additional insights. Fees are now up to $20/night, still a bargain, but it comes with only the most basic amenities, i.e. vault toilets, running water at faucets, picnic tables and fire rings. Although the campground description indicates that the sites are first-come, first-served, this has changed and many of them are available online in advance. I didn't realize this and when i arrived late Friday afternoon I had 5 or 6 campsites to choose from that could accommodate my small teardrop camper; if I were tent camping, I'd have had a couple more sites available to me. The tent only sites require a short walk from the parking area.

When you arrive, each site will be labelled either Reserved or Open.  If it is Reserved, the dates it is reserved will be listed and they may not be contiguous. All the sites filled up Friday night.

I had site 24 which I liked. it was very large and level, with ample space for today's large tents. The water spigot was near the site next door. I could see my neighbors, but they didn't bother me. Every host site always seems to look messy with tarp-covered items and wood piles and site 24 will give you a view of the host site, but it's far enough away that you can ignore it.

If I were in a tent, I'd try for site 22. It's a walk-in site that includes 7-8 steps down, but it opens into a large open area and just a bit beyond there is a small brook, too.

The campground is just a few miles west of I-93 and the town of Woodstock. If you want to hike Mooselauke or the Kinsmans, the Appalachian Trail crosses 112 nearby. Lost River Gorge is nearby as are numerous tourist attractions/activities in Woodstock and Lincoln. Take some time to explore Cascade Park in Woodstock if you want to cool off in the river and lounge on the rocks (park on the street or in the lot that is north of 112 just before the traffic light at Rte 3 in Woodstock). While you're there, pick up ice cream at Coneheads; choose among numerous hard serve ice cream made on site (downstairs) or dozens of soft-serve flavors.

This side of 112 seems quieter than the stretch east of Lincoln. Noise level was quite low. Cell coverage is non-existent for several miles around here; you'll start to get a signal closer to Lost River Gorge in the direction of Woodstock.

Great location

Water hook up was on the opposite side of the site of where the camper needed to be, no sewer hook ups, The owners were very helpful by lending us a hose to help us reach the spigot, offered a honey wagon if needed, and accommodated us to allow our dog to swim. As dogs are not allowed at the beach or dock. Great location but small sites, and a small beach for the amount of sites they have, seems to be set up more for seasonals rather than temporary stay.

Good kids campground

Great campground for kids newer pool, with slides. Had issues with 30 amp service at site was not providing enough power, could not run all my campers amenities While my 20 amp designated outlet at home runs my entire camper with no issue.

Great place to stay for so many reasons

This is a great campsite.  Has all the hook-ups you need with free wifi and cable TV.  Quiet, clean with super clean bathrooms and showers. The camp is well maintained.  Has a pool and a couple playgrounds for the kids AND a recreation room with arcade games, pool, ping-pong and other games.  Free DVD and book lending library, so if you aren't enjoying the great outdoors or walking on their nature trails, you can just read or watch.  Easy access to the lake or hiking trails in the area.  Also just a mile away from downtown Meredith where you can do all kinds of stuff.  Staff is friendly and accommodating.

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN BOO BOO!

This place should be called “yogi's ghetto camp". An ICE agents dream. Downtown Lawrence in the woods. Filled with the most disrespectful, loud and obnoxious guests I have ever seen and heard. Nobody spoke English and if they did, they were foul mouthed white trash. When we first arrived we were pleased with office and the store was clean, so we were not tipped off to anything unusual. We quickly realized this campground was riddled with health and safety concerns. The bathrooms: We could not ignore the extreme smell of urine in the air. I first chalked it up to someone in a nearby camper having their tank back up or that a toilet in a bathroom had trouble. But the smell never subsided. I went to the bathroom and found puddles on the floors, a backed up toilet and if you can believe it, soiled feminine napkins on the floor. Thankfully we have a working bathroom in our camper, however throughout the 2 days we were there the smell of urine continued. The kids zone: DANGEROUS- We would not allow our children inside the bounce house due to the fact that it wasn't being tended to by a staff member. There were about 45+ children, preteens and older teens inside at the same time jumping, smashing into each other and screaming. This bounce house is a medical emergency waiting to happen. As we were waiting in line to allow our children to use the inflatable water slide, one child literally flew out the side landing on the rock gravel ground. The pools and"hot tub"- OMG someone PLEASE shut this place down! DANGEROUS- both physically and for people's health. No staff or Lifeguard, Unattended children, preteens and teens jumping on top of each other, pushing each other, dirty brown water, used bandaids left on the side of the pool, tripping hazards left around the edge of the pool, wall to wall humans packed into this pool like sardines. You literally could not move. It's shocking that a child hasn't drown in this pool due to the rough housing of the animals dressed like children, tripping hazards and no space to swim. One day a child is going to slip under the water and nobody will realize they're in trouble until it's too late. The hot tub was a small hole in the ground with 20+ adults and 10-15 children packed inside it. Dead bugs, dirty water and pool diapers laying on the side. The golf carts- holy hell- a tragedy waiting to happen! 10 year olds driving up and down the wrong sides of the road with trucks and campers being hauled in and out. Not a single staff member insight to enforce any rules or to stop children from driving. The adult drivers were just as bad! The"beach"- A free for all! No room to move because of the over crowding. Trash left everywhere because the trash can was full. Empty beer and alcohol bottles. Public drinking and intoxicated adults screaming, swearing and fighting. Not one staff member in sight regulating the number of people in one canoe or kayak. Tent sights- Picture 25-30 people in two tents on one sight. The overcrowding for the small amount of sites was unimaginable and none of them spoke English. If you think I have described the worse circumstances for a campground, please multiply it by 10! You cannot imagine how bad it is based on my description. We actually left a day early because I could not handle the deplorable conditions or smell any longer. I am currently working with Pamela Vose at the New Hampton town offices as well as Preston Young at the NH Governors office to get some agencies involved. This place needs to be shut down. If you have similar complaints and concerns as I do, please contact Pamela at pvose@new-hampton.nh.us or Preston Young at preston.young@nh.gov immediately. The only way to get them shut down is to get as many people to email as possible.

Dispersed camping, be bear aware!

Tripoli Road is a seasonal road, opening in late May most years and closing in autumn. Check the White Mountain National Forest Facebook page for up to date road closures/status. The section before Russell Pond often opens before the rest of it, which is graded, not paved. The road runs between the Waterville Valley area and I-93 exit 31. This is roadside camping, no frills, first come, first served. You must stay at a site with a fire ring, but sites are not numbered. Road signs demarcate no camping zones; some areas look like they could be campsites, but will also be marked with no camping signs.

You must register at the ranger station on the western end of the road, shortly past the entrance to the Russell Pond campground. Rates are a flat rate set per car and per weekends or weekday period. In other words, you pay one rate for 1-5 weekdays ($20 in 2019) and another fee for a weekend($25-30 - holidays). It’s self service most of the time, with the ranger available Friday and Saturday evenings.

The sites vary from sites near and level with the road to ones set above or well below the road. Some are near a river, most are wooded. Some are isolated, others are close together. There are no reservations, so you'll be choosing your own when you arrive. Downhill sites closest to the Russell Pond area seem to be most popular. Most of these were occupied on a late June weekend, while those farther down the road remained empty.

There are port-a-potties near the western entrance, but otherwise you’re on your own with cat holes or portable toilet solutions. Nearest showers are at Russell Pond. Please keep it clean and protect the area. I’ve passed through several times while hiking My Osceola and have observed that these sites are often filled with groups or families with multiple tents. On a late June weekend there are numerous empty sites, so they seem to be more available than the dispersed sites along Gale River Rd and Haystack Rd (farther north in Twin Mountain). Excessive drinking and noise can be an issue.

You need to be aware that bears are in the area. Following the July 4, 2019 holiday, the camping area was closed after bears visited campsites and got into food that was left in the open and not secured in vehicles or bear canisters. The camping area re-opened July 19, but check the White Mountain National Forest FB page before heading up there. If the issue recurs, I wouldn't be surprised if they close it again.

Hiking in the region include the Osceolas (moderate hike with beautiful views, exceedingly popular and crowded on autumn weekends - get there early!), Tripyramid, and Tecumseh. Shorter treks include Welch-Dickey (great open ledges) and Snow's Mountain (along a river with falls). Nearby Russell Pond offers ranger programs, fishing, and you can put a kayak or canoe in. The Pemigewassett offers tubing and kayaking put ins. Outfitters one exit south can provide you with transportation and rentals. Exit 32 for Lincoln, Woodstock, and the Kanc is less than 5 miles north.

Cell service is decent at nearby Russell Pond (Verizon seemed to offer better service than AT&T).

Family friendly

A great atmosphere for everyone in our family. If we make it back out there we definitely will be staying again!

Nice Area

The new owner is friendly. The location is beautiful. Limited cell service in the area. WiFi at the store only. Camp store is well supplied. Multiple shower/bathhouse/restroom buildings but the one near our site was small and not well lit. Shower stalls could to be longer to allow for dressing after shower. Shower use is $.25 for 5 or 6 minutes, which is fine because the nightly site fees are reasonable. Our site was on the river which was scenic and nice to listen to. River is rocky and shallow, not good for tubing, swimming, etc., we were also very close to the road, which was fine most nights but there was a lot of late Saturday night traffic that was noisy.

Great family campground!!

Been going here for years ! Quiet friendly campground. With river access, clean bathrooms, showers Has a playground for kids. Swimming pool Always having crafts for children Very friendly staff.

Lovely campsite but poor service

Pulled up and the woman at the gatehouse was on the phone with a lady trying to make a reservation. The lady didn't acknowledge ua at all for about 5 mins! We sat there for about 15-20 mins before we were helped. She ended up putting the lady on speakerphone so she could input her information easier. The lady gave her name, address, phone number, and credit card number to her as we sat there and could hear everything! It blew my mind! If I was that lady I would not want to share that info via speakerphone! We got a great campsite though, right on the water. Not very busy there. We rented a canoe for halfday $30 for 4hrs. We ended up returning it early because we paddled the whole lake in about an hour and a half, and we weren't trying to. Thought the boat rental was a bit pricey for the size of the lake/places to explore. We also looked forward to going up to Owl's Head for sunset. We went up during the day and decided it would be beautiful at sunset so we planned to come back. We came back nearly an hour before sunset and found the gate was locked at the bottom of the drive. The signs said it was open until dusk, but apparently someone didn't know what dusk meant. Very disappointed!!! If you want to go to Owl's Head for sunset plan to hike up from the campground because you won't be able to drive up to the parking lot anytime close to sunset.

It was alright

The campground isn’t bad however there’s not much to do in the area unless you want to take a 20-30 minute drive. Campground probably isn’t suitable for kids as they have zero activities. It was a good campground for a quick weekend getaway but not a place I’d want to spend more than a couple days at.

Amazing

My family loves this camp ground right on the CT River. It has RV sights and cabins they keep the campers busy with fun activities for kids and grown ups. This is what I would call a Glamping campground then a roughing it campground but it’s still amazing.

Will come again

Place was clean, staff was friendly, pool is amazing (looks like a theme park), store if you forgot anything.

Plots were clean and roomy with trees and shaded.

Had an amazing rock fire-pit.

The only thing is that this place is very large and has lots of plots, so can be rather busy and not very “private”.

But if you like this kind of thing you will have a great time.

Great family campground

Has everything from tents to RVs and beach to pool along with a playground for the younger ones.  Dogs are allowed.  Activities such as candy bingo and wagon rides.  We will be going back again soon

Perfect family getaway

Family owned and operated. Clean facilities and sites are not on top of each other. Located along the Baker River some nice fishing holes. Pool was perfect for those hot days, slightly heated. Smaller campground but perfect for kids and families. Seasonal campers were very nice and friendly.

Really nice semi-remote campground

Great tent camping area with good privacy at sites. Would be tough for any but the tiniest RV. No water. Well maintained, and nice access to trails right from the campground.

Road side camping has never felt so off the grid

Can be pretty remote. Choose your own site. Some are better than others, some have streams going thru them. Lots of local hiking

Nice place to camp

Great little campground in Meredith NH. I called last minute to get a spot and the could accommodate us that day for the 3 nights we were looking for. Can’t say that would happen every time but thankfully it did this time. They have a hot tube and indoor pool. They also have a nice game room for them kids or grown ups that struggle to leave technology behind. They also have a nice little play ground witch is always the first thing my little buddy asks to go find. I recommend this campground highly and will likely stay again if I need to be in the area. Here are some photos and a walk around video of our site.

Great place!

Loved staying at Harbor Hill. Great places for families with good amenities. Pools, hot showers, and clean lots. There is a small store with all your last minute camping needs. Cut wood onsite to purchase. Would definitely go back.

Secluded and quiet

Remote campsite #9 was a bit wet this spring but in truth everything has been wet here in Vermont this year. 3 night get away with son, and first time on Kettle pond. The gnats were bearable with our head netting and weather was cooperative for us during the day. Site #9 had plenty of places to hang our hammocks, we chose the nearest location to the lean-to. The trail around the pond went around the lean-to but hikers were only noticeable visually. We canoed around to look at other sites and # 10 was without a lean-to but a pretty nice spot at the very end of the pond. The other remote sites were mostly occupied so did not get a great view. The ones at the entrance would be good for group camping.

Quiet family friendly

Our family loves this campground. We come here for softball and they are so accommodating. Plus the have an amazing Ice cream stand. I will post a video of their back field. My daughters always make me hit softballs to them here. Here is a brief fly over and a couple photos. Plus one of me chasing my son with my drone.