Camping in Johnson Corner

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Johnson Corner, Maine

59 Reviews of 16 Johnson Corner, Maine Campgrounds

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Quiet campground, on beautiful golf course.

Rick (the owner) is very accommodating, plenty of full hookuo sites and also another section with just W/E.

SiteC-7
T
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Good

Very nice, but expensive and very close quarters

Jason R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

This place was great!

Awesome camping spots right above the river. Big cliff jump!

Christy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

Flagstaff is so gorgeous

Our site was directly on flagstaff so we had an excellent view! Great swimming and playground. Clean bathrooms which is also a plus. Extremely friendly staff. And as a bonus you're maybe 20 miles from Canada! We go every year!

Jayson M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

My Favorite Maine Campground

I always make an effort to stay here at least one weekend a year. Peaks-Kenney is my favorite State Park to stay at. The sites are clean and quiet, the beach is humble but nice, and the lake is beautiful. I would recommend this spot to absolutely anyone.

Site39M
Jayson M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

One of My Favorite Spots

Lily Bay is a well-maintained state park that sees a lot of traffic through the year, but has sites that can make you feel isolated. I love to go in the summer when Moosehead is at its warmest. If you're into adventuring, it's a short drive up to Kokadjo and the Golden Road, where you can look for…

Site39T
Sally H.
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2021

The way life should be

LILY BAY is amazing

State Park rates and a great jumping off point for day trips to Baxter / Katadin/ Kineo/ prong pond .etc etc

We love this park and my family has visited there since ot opened .

Yes , that many years

Even though we have access to family camp nearby . we still love tenting…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2020

Phenomenal Fall Conditions

Amazing clear water lake. 3 to 1 moose to human ratio, and abundant nearly tame birds and furry creatures. Haunting loon calls in the evening. Simple yet well maintained sites and facilities with responsive staff and relaxed, respectful neighbor campers. Sweet kayaking.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2020

Gateway

What an incredible campground! Very quiet, at least in Sept. Very, very clean. Our huge site on the water was raked clean before we arrived. I said "huge", other campgrounds would have made 3 sites from the one we had. Access to Flagstaff lake is part of the campground with a boat launch/beach.…

• Lake side camping.
Site#64
Month of VisitOctober
Sheila B.
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2020

Great place

Great sight right on a beautiful little river with friendly neighbors

Andrew G.
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2020

ATV trails

Great place to stay with ATV trails access right from your campsite. With the river right close by you can pan for gold.

Johanna R.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2020

Great campground

Clean, peaceful and cozy. Easy to get there. Great price and wonderful RV community.

J B.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2020

ATV trail access

This campground has ATV trail access. There was no cell service but wifi was available at the office.

Laurie Brandt B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2020

Incredible

This entire area is amazing a little rough bit of drive down dirt roads but totally worth it!!

R