About Deer Farm Camps & Campground
Deer Farm Camps & Campground is located in Maine
-70.1926 W
4 Reviews of Deer Farm Camps & Campground
Great Place to be

This campground is a little off the beaten path but it is worth it in our opinion.

We discovered it while on a motorcycle trip 2 years ago. It was a great find. We visited it again last summer of 2018.

The lake is about a 5 minute walk from the campgroud, but, what a beautiful lake it is. Some great water activity included.

We are from Montreal and our canadian funds were accepted at par. Considering the value of our dollar to the US dollar made this a frugal choice.

The town of Kingsfield if close, about a 10 min ride maybe less. But for bikers its nothing as we love to ride anywhere no matter the distance. lol.

We recommend this campground.

However, it is not a KOA style place. It's rustic and friendly.

Off the grid, plenty of things to do and can't beat the price

This small, family run campground is a nice spot to get off the grid and explore western Maine. I stayed here because of its proximity to the Fire Warden trail up Mt. Abram; I like to get up and on the trail early, so this was an ideal location. It's not far to the peaks in the Bigelow Preserve, Sugarloaf, Spaulding, or the Crockers, either. It is a 4-hour drive from Boston, so it's not a quick getaway from there.

Each wooded site is relatively level and offers water and electric hookups, all for a price on par with state parks without utilities (even after tax is added to fees, you're still under $25/night). Bring cash or a check because they don't accept credit cards. Although they don't offer sewer, they do offer a dump station. I was in a tent. They do not offer wi-fi and your cell phone isn't much good either. Bathrooms are clean and hot showers are free. I was there late in the season, so the campground wasn't full. It was quiet.

Although I was there to hike, I checked out the Tufts Pond, a short walk across the street from the main campground, It is a nice place to swim, canoe/kayak, or fish in season. And at the beginning of my hike I saw a lot of ATVs out on the trails. There is also an open field area and a playground at the campground.

I bought wood when i checked in and there is a small store. Kingfield offers a grocery store as well. Kingfield also offers a few dining options if you're not up to cooking your meals.

Quite little place in the woods.

This camping site is dog friendly. Owners are very nice. I have been once this year and plan on going back. Grilles to cook on and a fire pit at every site.

Great little get away

If your looking for a great little get away where you can get unplugged from society, then this is the place for you. Has a great place to go four wheeling. A place to enjoy the lake and all the fun activities that go along with it. As well as a bathroom facility for showering and all your tolitere needs. The kids can also enjoy the playground, and the various activities they provide. And you may even be visited by the campgrounds own family cat. This place is not only a great place to go tenting, but can also be a place where you can hook up your camper. This beautiful place sits in the woods off the maine road. It gives you the real feel of being out in the woods. It is a very secluded place.