Melder , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Melder Camping Reviews
Serenity (with occasional gunfire)

Went here for my first ever solo camping trip, and I couldn't have chosen a better time or place. It was early November, and aside from a couple of hunters and afternoon fishers, the entire place was mine for 3 days. Aside from the aforementioned gunfire from a nearby shooting range, I had a wonderfully peaceful time here. It's a pretty small campground, but is not lacking in anything if all you need to do is get out there for a while.

Beautiful and clean

Very clean and well maintained park. Very friendly park employees.

Nice park

The only park on caney lake. Good lake for fishing and water sports, many sites you can park your boat very close.

Absolutely beautiful

Gorgeous lake, so quiet and peaceful. Campsites are well marked, paved roads and sites. Lots of pull thrus with views of the lake. We were only going to stay a night but made it two instead, wished we could have stayed longer! Great trails and fishing. Would definitely come back!

Has everything I need including privacy

I was looking for a Louisiana location for an extended stay, I wanted to find a riverside, quiet location with large sites. A place where there was room for my travel trailer, boat, and truck. I found that and much more at Jones' Riverside Marina & RV Park.

It is in the country but not that far from the charming city of Natchitoches. The staff members are always friendly and helpful. There is a well-stocked store along with a carry-out restaurant (sit down part is closed due to covid-19). They have a free boat ramp and docks (very handy for me). The fishing is always good from the bank or a boat. My travel trailer is small but this facility is big rig friendly. I like the laid-back atmosphere and southern hospitality that is present here. This is not a huge, fancy, "resort", but those are not for me. I don't care for the crowds, noise, price, and many restrictions of those places. This RV Park emulates the real Louisiana!

Nice pkace

Bathrooms not the greatest, restaurants are good. Service was bad one night and great the other due to a specific bartender/server. Hot tub is small and pool is shaded a lot of the day. Would stay again.

Great RV resort with easy access to NOLA

We enjoyed our recent stay here. Pull-thru sites were gravel and fairly level yet pretty close to one another. We enjoyed watching all the private airplanes flying over into a nearby airport and were thankful they weren't loud overnight. The road was recently paved just outside the park but nearby the roads were terrible. On-site restaurant was very good and our kids enjoyed the small playground and pool. We loved walking along the marina in the resort with the cute cabins and large boats docked. One sells fresh shrimp each morning we learned.

Because of Covid, there was no shuttle to downtown but the drive in is pretty easy. Must get beignets at Cafe du Monde! We also enjoyed visiting Jean Lafitte National Park and Preserve, Storyland in City Park and great food all around.

Fabulous, secret

Wonderful camping , nice campsites , very well taken care of . Lived the days here,

Peaceful bliss

Have camped here primitively on a quiet small peninsular and loved it, stayed away from the beaches but they look clean and well kept. Super friendly staff, nice tent site, cleared and well away from gen pop.. loved it and can’t wait to get my roof top tent to enjoy it further as a close to home getaway !!