Rocky Shoals Estates , GEORGIA

Most Recent Rocky Shoals Estates Camping Reviews
Camping @ Stone Mtn Park

We had a blast the year we camped out at Stone Mtn, We rode the ferry boat, the train, then walked up the mountain to ride the skylift back down it just in time to watch the laser show. After the laser show was over and we ran around the big grassy area waiting for the cars to clear out we headed to our camping area, & made s'mores.

Great State park and camping

We were on site 213 and 214. Beautiful wooded site lots of space between sites in this loop. Very short walk to lake. Loop 1 sites are lake front and lake view but more close together than we like. Sites pretty level and gravel. Concrete picnic table, fire ring and light pole with lots of room fir our dogs. Bathroom facilities were very clean, with showers and laundry. Placed well around the campground. Playground but not opened at this time. Lots of hiking trails, pool, can rent canoes and paddle boats on the lake. Dog friendly. Close to Calloway Gardens and little town of Pine Mountain.

Beautiful state park

Spacious RV/tent sites and cabins surround lake. Clean and well maintained, beautiful trails.

Wonderful spot

My wife and I camped with friends here mid week early this spring (2021). There are only a few RV sites in the campground but each one over looks the Flint River and the view is fantastic. The campground is quiet and not crowded. The bath house is clean and well kept. The staff at the “Trading Post” are very friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed the park by the river and our friends took their children on the hiking trails. Everyone had a great time. Can’t recommend this camp enough!

Been going to Indian springs my whole life it's a large park with lots to do

They have trails for hiking and biking a beach to swim mini golf museums and a tranquil little creek that flows over rocks that you can go walk on

Been going to Indian springs my whole life it's a large park with lots to do

Cabins are simple but nice

Cabins have great views with a back porch over the bluffs (with a nice sunset vantage point). Bunk beds are fine (mattresses not that great) and plenty of space inside with extras that make them really convenient (fridge, microwave, good heating). There’s about a 6-mile loop trail overlooking the river that will provide a good workout. The recreation area down by the river is expansive enough for folks to spread out. Here in March it’s too chilly for swimming, but would likely be a nice escape in the summer. Would definitely return.

F.D. Roosevelt State Park a natural historical beauty.

This campground offers it all. Set in F.D. Roosevelt State Park you are surrounded by forest, lakes, streams, rock formations and campsites are quiet and private.  We stayed in site #114 directly on the lake.  The state reconfigured some of the sites along the lake and site #114 is no longer on a slope.  Very level space with water, electric and sewer.  Close to a very clean restroom, playground, rental boat ramp and so much more.  Everything a family could want to spend a few days in nature.  Lots to do in the area - Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, city of Columbus, Chattahoochee River, Little White House, etc.  Highly recommend this jewel in Georgia.

Great spot

Nice resort and it’s close to the battery where the braves play baseball. The pizza place is soooo yummy, make sure you check it out. There are so many little ponds nearby and such cute little homes. A lot of people were fishing so it must be public?? Anyway nice place

Here are my star ratings based on my lifestyle and what I like. I'm also a mother, dog mama, and a wife so it's not just me it's my crew and i. 1 star- AUTOMATIC relocate… the property is no longer there, trashed or/and I could never have my children there and I wouldn't ever think about staying no matter what. 2 star- Not really my jam, and would NEVER go to again… It probably more of desert life and not really my style for sure…Being from Vegas I can't stand being in the desert and I love the Trees and the Green more than anything. 3 star- Would stay there again in a pinch, but not really my style, the reason its not is because not enough family things to do, the scenery, or the location… but I would go again and feel safe having my kiddos here but only if I needed to in a pinch. 4 star- a really good rating for sure, maybe needed some improvements, minor things like being on top of each other, not a lot of privacy, but honestly little cosmetic things that aren't anything to sweat and would be back again for sure. 5 star- MY FAVORITE… love the location, safety, the surroundings, big camp spots available to fit toys for my kids to play, hammocks to hang, our big family tent, cases of firewood, our suburban or RV, etcccccc….. I would not only come back but would live if I could!!! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy every moment like it's your last! CHEERS!