Camping in Overlook Village

352 Reviews of 34 Overlook Village, Georgia Campgrounds

Lesley and Vera E.
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2021

Beautiful Views, Iffy People

We've been to this campground twice. The first time was beautiful and we wanted to come back. We have family that lives on Lake Lanier so we are in the area a lot. Our second site was not as beautiful, but still had some decent views.

While we weren't drinking, the campsite next to us was and the…

RThe Dyrt PRO User

Lake Hartwell State Ark

The park has a lot of potential. Road maintenance is not being done. Definitely needs some electrical work. Ours kept throwing breakers whenever someone new hooked up down the circuit. Cleaning is slack, it’s a shame really.

Ava C.

beautiful campground

This was actually my first time ever camping out of a rv, easy hookup and nice space for rv/fire/table and then some. I had a campground with a lake front view and u couldn’t be more content. If you want a really good view I recommend camp site 07/08/09 I’m at 09.

Roger C.

Nice level sites

Have stayed here a couple of times. Loved it, premium sites close to the water are excellent.

S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Awesome lots off the water

We had a great time summer camping with our boat, RV, friends & kids! Would definitely recommend booking early snd getting one of the lots that slopes down to the water.

Site38 I think
Marty A.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Friday the 13th campout

While most of my camping trip was spent at camp Daniel Morgan, I did stay a night at the public campground. The facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were extremely clean. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Great overall experience.

Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Relaxing

We were able to get a last minute spot during Labor Day. It was packed. Spacing is nice. Facilities are clean and staff is friendly.

• i couldn’t wait to get my cast iron skillet on the fire.
Angela V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Really gorgeous- intend to camp here again!

Beautiful lake views, RV sites with patios and bbqs. Fishing, boat ramp, pool, charming train theme. You can even sleep overnight in a train car cabin. Not great cell reception, and wifi seems to only work in the front portion of the park, but the back is where the great views are.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Quiet, well kept campground with lots of activities

Awesome campground located about 15min off of I-20.
Fantastic golf course that I didn't get to play unfortunately.
We stayed at the "buddy site" with our 37' Mallard and my Father-in-law's Winnebago. Though the layout of the site didn't quite make sense, the kids and dogs loved having everyone…

• One buddy site on the campground (#45). Our 2021 Mallard on the right, Father-in-law's 1978 Winnebago on the left!
  • The creek runs right behind the buddy site and my daughter caught her first fish there!
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Very relaxing

My wife and i did the walk in tent camping. We had a nice, relatively secluded spot. This area of Lake Lanier is pretty quiet. Great fit kayaking or paddle boarding.

E
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Great spot but few issues

We were at spot #61 and the view and privacy was fantastic. We originally were in spot “v” but their electricity stopped working. no shade whatsoever at 61 and ANTS, ants everywhere. They managed to get in our vehicle and they swarmed our toddlers car seats. They managed to invade our camper also.…

• beach area
  • spot 61
wThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

On the lake

It is a very nice park with spots on the water that you can pull your boat up on a beach and leave it. Very clean with hot showers and rest rooms. Swimming beach available. Water and power but no sewer , dump station available. Lake Lanier is a beautiful lake

A
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Tent camping

The tent camp site was good, bathrooms and water were a close walking distance.
We picked this state park for all the activities. We took archery lessons and did the zip line course. A must is to do all 3 zip line courses. Many go over water and the last of which is 1/2 a mile long. So much…

Sitewalk in tent 84
kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Amazing

We were this weekend. It was wonderful. very quiet and very friendly organizers. All clean and very wooded. The lake was breathtaking. I highly recommend

Cameron G.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Fun

We don’t like driving from this park, and it’s always such a good place to escape when we want a short getaway! The lake is always a good time and the campground is large! You can’t go wrong with this park!