Camping in Durham

497 Reviews of 44 Durham, Georgia Campgrounds

A
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Integrity Issue

On 21 April, I booked a 3-Night stay for Memorial Day Weekend at Sasquatch Farms (2985 Browns Trace Rd South Pittsburg TN 37380). I called their desk and inquired about this new campground. The price was two to three times a normal campground with only water and electric. She told me that the…

Brad J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

We love this campground. Beautiful scenery. Facilities are almost always clean. The sites are nice and pretty good sized.

Siteb-24, c-18, c-22
Jerry M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Awesome spot!

So glad this was my first experience in my RV. The owners here were so helpful and gave us some great tips on our RV and were super accommodating. The first site we entered got a bit muddy after a few days of rain and they brought in a truckload of gravel and spread it out to keep the mud at bay.

Chrissy B.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Terrible experience

Owner was so rude. We were forced to move the day after we arrived to a different spot and put in a spot with mud everywhere because she wanted someone else to take our spot that was staying longer. The owners knew we had battery trouble on our 8 hour drive there so we arrived around 11 pm. She…

w
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Primitive camping

We recently stayed in the Collins west campground. About a half mile hike in to the sites from parking. The area was perfect for the 6 of us with plenty of family friendly hiking. The overlook by campsite 3 which is my favorite site was amazing!

c
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Nice campground, fabulous park

We really enjoyed our visit to Cloudland Canyon State Park. We camped in the East Rim campground. As others have noted, many of the campsites are close together, but the sites are actually quite large. They have gravel bases edged with railroad ties. The campground is pretty spread out, with lots…

Site71 East Rim
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Cool private off the grid campground!

I like this place. Cool private camping spots, very peaceful and quiet. Chris, the host was very cool and made sure we enjoyed our stay. We'll be back for sure!

Daniel S.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Amazing views and waterfalls

Great place. Amazing overlooks and some of the most beautiful waterfalls you will find. We stayed at site 27 which was one of the nicest. Restrooms are dated but welcome center / store is super nice. We would love to visit again.

Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

It's in Georgia, not Tennesse!

Although there is a Murray's Lake in TN, as you'll note on the location map, this campsite is in Georgia.

Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

It's in Georgia, not Tennesse!

It's Primitive

There is a lake, but it's not all that pretty. There's a boat ramp, but the lake is small and I doubt it's worth the trouble. There are 2 drive in tent spots, with 2 more at the end of a trail. Secluded. The road in can be handled by a sedan.

Timothy The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

In search of Sasquatch!!!

We went on opening weekend. So it is not completed. The sewers weren't in, the showers aren't completed and some of the sites were very good. But with that being said the staff is wonderful they provided wood and ice. They also have some very very creative ideas. There are two dump stations. We…

• we did locate a Sasquatch on Sasquatch Farm!
Sitewe stayed at site 39
Daniel S.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Family Fun and so close to so much

Our site (33) was very nice. Far warning look into what you book as they all aren’t the same. Admittedly I am more of a state park person but my kids had a blast at this KOA. great staff and service. Great location can be at look out mountain or downtown Chattanooga in about 25 minutes. WiFi was…

Rachel M.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Sold Out

We arrived at this campground without a reservation and it was full.

Blair M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Beautiful Views

We stayed one night as a half way point on a long drive, and I am so glad that we did.  Cloudland Canyon is BEAUTIFUL.  We stayed in the West Rim campground.  The spaces are close together, but it is quiet and shaded.  In the morning we hiked a bit and went to the overlook for the most gorgeous…

• Canyon Views!
  • Creek on the road between West Rim Campground and the visitor center (seen on my quick morning run).
  • Main Overlook