the dyrt
Tennessee Valley Authority
Skull Island is located in Tennessee
2 Reviews of Skull Island
Such a cool place!

This campground is so cool, I would definitely come back and stay here! The name of the campground is just so cool, too. There are waterfront campsites which we really LOVE!! You cant beat waterfront and being able to step outside your tent and see water. What also loved was that I didn't feel crammed by other people. There was plenty of room between sites, and going in the summer time I still didn't feel like I was on top of our neighbors. It was a bit loud but didn't bother us. Being able to play in the water was super nice as well. We love camping in places that have water close by to do things during the day. We brought floaties and just hung out in the water during the afternoon to escape the hot weather. We also did some hiking in the morning which was a blast. Highly recommend doing that. The campground was fairly clean, although we did pick up some trash a few times from people leaving their food by the water. This was a little annoying, but we picked it up anyways. There are garbage's around so not sure why people still leave there garbage around. Would come back and enjoy this place again, but would love to come with tons of friends next time!!

Ok basecamp

Campground is on a small island with lots of trees, views of river. Good fishing and kayaking but not much else to do on the island itself. Seemed to be a lot of locals, which were good to talk with about what to do in the other nearby parks. Shady campsites but open and not too private.