Daniel Subdivision , GEORGIA

Most Recent Daniel Subdivision Camping Reviews
Camping @ Stone Mtn Park

We had a blast the year we camped out at Stone Mtn, We rode the ferry boat, the train, then walked up the mountain to ride the skylift back down it just in time to watch the laser show. After the laser show was over and we ran around the big grassy area waiting for the cars to clear out we headed to our camping area, & made s'mores.

Very Nice Campground with water access

This is a great campground, tons of spots of various sizes that should accommodate any rig. Clean bathrooms, showers, friendly staff. Patrolled by ranger regularly, access is restricted at night. Plenty of water access for canoes and boats. Really nice campground- recommend!!

Close to Atlanta but water was very low if you have a boat.

We wanted to try someplace close to Atlanta so this was a good choice. However the water was very low in the Lakes if you wanted to Boat or Fish. Also, the sites do not offer much privacy. Our fire pit was literally at the far end of our site (#111) which seemed odd. We did have a nice view of the Lake and it was even better after a few folks checked out.  Bathrooms were not very clean and did not have soap at the sinks. There is not much to do here other than Lake activities. (no Hiking). It was nice to walk along the lake edges (sandy beaches) with the Dogs.

Really pretty spot

We booked this last minutes about 4 hours before arriving. The young lady on the phone was very helpful, when i thanked her she said it was her job. The site was $14 with out USGS pass. It's #37 overlooking the lake. I was impressed even though it was open, there was very little nouse from other campers..5 stars..

Great spot

Nice resort and it’s close to the battery where the braves play baseball. The pizza place is soooo yummy, make sure you check it out. There are so many little ponds nearby and such cute little homes. A lot of people were fishing so it must be public?? Anyway nice place

Here are my star ratings based on my lifestyle and what I like. I'm also a mother, dog mama, and a wife so it's not just me it's my crew and i. 1 star- AUTOMATIC relocate… the property is no longer there, trashed or/and I could never have my children there and I wouldn't ever think about staying no matter what. 2 star- Not really my jam, and would NEVER go to again… It probably more of desert life and not really my style for sure…Being from Vegas I can't stand being in the desert and I love the Trees and the Green more than anything. 3 star- Would stay there again in a pinch, but not really my style, the reason its not is because not enough family things to do, the scenery, or the location… but I would go again and feel safe having my kiddos here but only if I needed to in a pinch. 4 star- a really good rating for sure, maybe needed some improvements, minor things like being on top of each other, not a lot of privacy, but honestly little cosmetic things that aren't anything to sweat and would be back again for sure. 5 star- MY FAVORITE… love the location, safety, the surroundings, big camp spots available to fit toys for my kids to play, hammocks to hang, our big family tent, cases of firewood, our suburban or RV, etcccccc….. I would not only come back but would live if I could!!! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy every moment like it's your last! CHEERS!

Stunning as can be

Wow! Mother Nature is sure the baddest of them all… This place have everything from hiking trails, camping and daily picnics, it’s not over crowded to where it’s uncomfortable but it’s so still and an essence of such a chill vibe. If I could move here I would! Clean and well kept.

If you want to go to day use they do charge 5 dollars for parking.

When camping you have free range of the water for kayaks, canoes, etc. Just NO swimming’s allowed. They have yurts, walk up tent camping and regular spots available. Nice covered areas where the group table is and grill. Each yurt spot had a table which is very nice, lantern holders and charcoal grill. That have very well and defined paths that are lighted at night. Oh and did I mention the most amazing park for your children…

Clean bathrooms and potable water and trash cans available

Super impressed and the camp host is nice.

Great campground

Stone Mountain Park has a very large campground and there’s a wide range of sites and prices. The restroom and shower facilities are always clean. The main park is beautiful and has a really nice cycling and walking/running path around the mountain. There are also really good hiking trails, a lake with kayak rentals available and other attractions.

Great place

We go to camp here at least twice a year. Despite the crazy traffic in the capitol city, there are many restaurants with good food nearby.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown