Camping in Avon Park North

125 Reviews of 33 Avon Park North, Connecticut Campgrounds

Jason A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

A great place to stay

We love this KOA! I recommend if you were in the area to stop here and spend some time with Michael and his staff. There are plenty activities for everybody. They have a fire truck ride that brings you around the campsite and hay-less rides. There is a pool there is a playground there are games of…

• our little pod
Sitesite 85
Month of VisitOctober
jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Lake Taconic / Bash Bish falls

Great campgrounds that are dog friendly and easy to get to. The trail head to bash bill falls was also at the campgrounds which was convenient.

T
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Near a power station

It cost me $52 because I am not a Massachusetts resident, per night. I got site number one you can hear the hum of the electric station. The Ranger said he doesn’t even notice it anymore. The trails are pretty it’s Labor Day weekend I’m lucky to have a spot. Would not recommend it.

Month of VisitOctober
Julienne I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Very noisy

Beautiful forest, but campground affords very little privacy between sites. RVs mixed with tents and noisy generators running all day and night.

SiteE06
Johnny W.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Worth the stay

Not far off of 395, so that’s always nice. Had a beautiful river side site. Oversized and nicely unkept. Grey dump only due to river so no biggie. Staff was friendly and there was some stuff to do. Crafts for kids a band a wagon ride. Good place overall and great price.

a
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Small quiet campground

We had a great time relaxing around the campfire with another family. The playground was a hit for our kids!

Month of VisitNovember
M
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Tenting

Is would have been a wonderful trip, but unfortunately I was between a couple that wouldn't stop screaming at each ,drinking when alcohol was not allowedand on the other side of me there was a lady that pulled up and parked, walked right over, hammering me with questions like why do you have no…

Site#26
Kelly H.
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Little Gem

This is such a charming little campground. The wading pool is so cute and perfect for families with young children and adults alike. The campground is clean, and has brand new bathrooms and showers (which are private! And free!). I only took one star off because many of the sites are very close…

A
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great Hiking park

A group of Coworkers and I went hiking on 7/31 at Fitzgerald Lake Conservation Area, very easy phase, great area

Ryan K.
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

July 2021

Great area to camp with kids. The lots were large. Semi private with great view and nice walks to the water. Noise was not a problem overnight as to having problems with noises neighbors at other CT state parks.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Was able to get in. Lots of seasonal campers. Has a swimming hole which encourages lots of bugs. Getting sung to sleep by frogs. Lots of pot holes. Nice pool but full of kids. Nice playgrounds.

SiteK
D
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

50/50

I was a little turned off by their main office being in their living room. It was very messy. Bathrooms were small and very hot

Sitecan’t remember the rite numbet
Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Perfect for a stop over

Small campground with good electrical, clean water, sewer and a friendly owner. Each site has grass and a picnic table. There is a wonderful little frozen custard shop down the road called roses farm stand. It’s a perfect campground for seeing the local area or even catching the train to New York…

Site13x
Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Great campground for kids

This is a quant campground geared towards families being out together. They have a beautiful pool, playground and a large jumping pillow like a huge trampoline you can’t fall off of. There is a beautiful creek that many of the sites border. The new owners have owned it about 7 years and they have…

John L.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Not overly inviting

We recently camped here in early June. We were placed in a space in the back end of the campground. The overall appearance of the campground was like campers in a sardine can all cramped together. Then there is the issue of no WiFi signal. I get you are camping but when you adjourn for the night…

SiteC31