Springfield, MASSACHUSETTS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Springfield Camping Reviews
Rustic but worth it

Point Folly is a small, quiet campground that has water, pit toilets and I think a dumping station.  The campground is right on Bantam Lake which is great for boaters/kayakers  fisherman and families.  I have found the east side of the lake to be much more windy than the west side of the lake.   The water front sites on the West Side seem to flood easily if it rains.

Its not much of a campground yet it has me returning at least twice a year since friends recommended it to me.

Good Camp ground

Mostly seasonal with a back row for short term campers. Used by a lot of offroad bikes on weekends. Great swimming pool! Spent a week plus there and had no problems with the dirt bikes and loved the pool. All sites are full hookups with several primitive tent sites.

Lovely place to camp

It is really pleasant, quite. If your looking for place to just hang out, it’s great. Plenty of hiking some fishing.

Nice Place

Campground is nice

Great Family Campground

Although the tent sites are a distance from anything, the main areas of the campground are fantastic. With a full calendar of events (some free, some cost $) you will never be bored. Quiet time is quiet time which is great for families.

No camping sorry folks

Westville doesn’t have camping sorry folks.

Shelter

It doesn’t get much better than camping away from others!!!! Pretty basic shelter.

Tranquil

Have stayed in the ten sites many times as well as hiked on through. It’s very clean and always well kept sites. Amenities are cleaned daily.

Small, loud, muddy

Unfortunately, I was not a big fan of this small campground. Right from the start, upon checkin, I bought two $5 ea. bundles of wood after being assured they were "kiln dried".  The wood wouldn't catch no matter what I tried -- not even with the help of some fire starter.  The tent site itself was very small and barely fit my truck and tent.  It was made smaller still because of the mud and holes on the perimeter of the site. At night, there was a lot of traffic noise nearby and despite a posted quiet time, other campers were slamming car doors over and over and talking at the top of their lungs, making it difficult to sleep. The surrounding state forest was pretty and the trails were in decent shape.

Nice and quiet campground in the woods

Once again, we arrived after dark (the days are way too short in the fall)! and although Google Maps guided us correctly to this campground, we also appreciated the very good signage directing us! This campground is set way back in the woods and except for the hooting owl and an occasional barking dog from other campers, it was VERY quiet. No road noise at this campground!

The campsites are spread out over a big area. Sites 1-9 are located near Berry Pond and are serviced by a pit toilet. The rest are about 1.5 miles south on the loop road. We were originally in site 29 but we would have had to walk through a path in the woods to get to the bathroom; since it was dark when we arrived, we were happy to switch to Site 32, much closer. Our site was level but not all of them appeared to be so. Many trees provide privacy. It looked like the restroom/shower building was fairly new and it was very clean. There is also a group campground and day-use areas.

The next morning, I set off to walk the loop road, thinking it would be a couple of miles at most. Surprise– it was over four miles and HILLY! I got a good workout, but it was a beautiful walk. The reward was seeing Berry Pond and the view when I finally reached the top of the hill. Wish we had more time to take a hike or explore the area more.