Fruitvale, COLORADO

Most Recent Fruitvale Camping Reviews
Nice place to camp

We found a nice tucked away spot in a rock formation The roads are pretty rough, highly suggest an SUV or ATV. Gets hot in the summer, but beautiful views of the valley and river if you can find the way.

Oasis in the Desert

I typically visit this campground a few times per year on mountain biking trips. The grass fields and trees are unique in that most desert camping is spent sand out of all your nooks and crannies. The showers are a bonus after long days in the saddle.

Wonderful place

This is a great place to stay with access to the river. The only disappointing thing is that there are limited sites and they fill up quickly most weekends. And if you have a camper that is larger than 25 foot the dispersed camping areas are very limited. I really hope the BLM has plans to expand this campground by at least 5 sites in the near future as I think they would still be full often.

Words can’t describe

Wonderful quite relaxing area even when biking events are going on and there are lots of people around.

Clean

Quiet. Grass!

Best views on River Road

Come cause you’ll usually find an open space and stay cause it’s so damn pretty there

So much more than I ever expected

Starting out my adventures in Park City Utah was nice but was nothing like my experience once I hit Saddlehorn! From the moment I entered the monument, until parking by my campsite my jaw was in a permanent state of drop. From the breathtaking views to the surreal scenery and everything else in between, it was like nothing I’ve ever seen before. The campsite was very nice/clean and I was at a site next to the bathrooms (which were also very clean) and it was never really a bother. The hosts/rangers were kind and friendly. Some even went as far as helping me with setting up my canopy since I was by myself, others offered amazing points of interest!

There were only 2 issues I encountered during my 9 day stay. 1. Being on top of a “mountain” it was hard to find appropriate places to stake my tent in so I used larger rocks in those corners to secure my tent. 2. The weather was 100+ all week but took a nice break and visited Grand Mesa Mountain where it was much, much cooler. With neither one of these two issues having any connection to the campground, I will be making this place a routine regular for sure! I even hope to be bringing my nieces and nephews with me some day!!

Grand Mesa Colorado.

Great campsite, beautiful location, camp host was exceptional. Can't wait to get back there.

Trailer Park

This is not a campground. It is a trailer park:)