The best DRIVE IN camping near
South Gate , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent South Gate Camping Reviews

This place is awesome full hookups lots to do trails and not to mention right on top of the creek. Friendly staff helpful too restrooms r clean showers clean too.

Our first time out

This was our first time using our airstream and decided to go somewhere relative close to home. We were told about sunset vista. Made reservations and here we are. It was great. We had beach front views, everything was clean and other rv’ers were friendly. I would definitely come back.

Very clean, plenty of space and shade

Campground has at least 2 water taps and very clean bathrooms. There are over 20 spots, designed for tents but we fit in our pop up camper. Anything longer will be hard to get in. The parking spaces have posts around them so you cannot park on the dirt etc. There is no overflow parking.. so all has to fit in a 20-30 ft paved slab. There is another part of this campground across the street with more spots. You can hear traffic from the road, but not bad. Verizon signal is about 60mb/s. Plenty of clean space! We would come back!

Hidden, quiet, little gem!

This campground happens to be very close to home so we went here to try out our brand new pull behind camper trailer for the very first time.
The campground is small, quiet and very well-kept.

In fact, every subsequent campground toilet facility I now compared to this one because it was so clean!!

Only 12 sites - all have full hook ups, picnic table and fire pit.

Make note! There is no Wi-Fi here and as best we could tell , no cellular signal for any provider.

Large grassy area for picnicking etc. Small park area for the children. And a really amazing looking archery zone that the public can use on Saturdays for a mere $5

Go here to relax and disconnect! We loved it.

Full hooks ups.

This is a very clean, beautiful RV park. It's easy to get into with big trailers. We have a 35foot 5th wheel and no problems getting in. It's a newer park so not a lot of shade trees. Bring an ez up. Lots of wineries along the road. We did the wine line and they pick up and drop off at the campground. They also have cabins you can rent if friends want to go but they don't have a trailer.

Beautiful view

I have seen a few reviews about the poor customer service at this RV park. That was not my experience for the four nights that I stayed there. The employees from the front desk to janitorial services were all very kind and helpful. I didn’t have any interaction with management, because it wasn’t necessary. I stayed in the site V2 overlooking the ocean in a 21 foot van. The spot was a little uneven but easily fixed. I loved the views, location, and vibe. I didn’t see any Trump cult flags. Bonus in my book Very clean.

Takes a while to get there. Lost one tire on rocky road.

Liked the site but not the drive. Pit toilet better than nothing… Wife disagrees.

Lost a tire on rocky road in. Take your time.

Great spots, easy access, and lots to do!

We spent 5 days at here and loved it. While we came a little too late for the obstacle course the paddle boards and the cove were amazing. The spots are great with full hookups and fellow campers are nice. Will come back and spend more time here in the future.

Nice Local Spot

Very well maintained and clean campsites! Splash pad, park, mini golf great amenities Nice staff! Would of liked to be on grass like the sites across but they were clean! Only downside was that the ranger said to lock up bikes and be careful leaving out items because a local has been coming in stealing😱 we were site261 cottonwood.

Great beach getaway

This place is close to home, so I’m biased by the ease of getting there and back. It is great little get away for us, and we use it for weekend trips when we can. It’s popular and short notice reservations are hard to come by.

The spots are great, as you are right on the beach and parallel parked. Waking up to the waves crashing is amazing. The sand is good, but there are a lot of rocks. Some buried in the sand that might give you a surprise if barefoot. Water is good but can get rough at times with close brake of the waves.

Crowd seems mellow and friendly. But the spaces are pretty wide and open to the sea, so you can keep to yourself if you so desire. The camp host has wood forsale and is nice.

It is dry camping with the exception of portapottys, and the closest dump station is up the road at sycamore canyon campsite.(free if you stay at Thornhill? Never used it)

Only real drawback to this place is the highway noise on PCH. It mellows out as the night goes on, but the Sunday morning Harley riders with their stupid loud exhaust just plain suck! And I like bikes.

Also gets windy in the afternoon and sometimes overcast. But never oppressive This place is a winner, especially for a quick getaway