Angeles National Forest, CALIFORNIA

Camping California Angeles National Forest

Most Recent Angeles National Forest Camping Reviews
Location on map incorrect

Location on map and driving directions are incorrect

Beautiful campground and beach!

Great veiws of the ocean! spacious, clean sites and facilities. Lovely bike/walking path. Be prepared for the mist and put your food away, so the little animals don’t eat it. Just a short distance from Haskell Beach and Old Town Goleta.

Nice campground close to OC

First come first serve, short drive from OC making it a nice option for a spontaneous getaway. Sites are pretty close to each other and you can hear some road noise from the 38. We had a great time and would come back for more.

Awesome spot so close to Home

Great spot to get away from the big city being only a 45min drive from the Downtown, couldn’t ask for more

Amazing Hike

Go behind campsite one and you will find a 6 mile hike in and out to two different waterfalls. Really fun and refreshing, limited shade in hike, so a dip at the end is so nice!

5Star Site-1 Star Trash

Beautiful spacious and private campgrounds. We had a campsite next to the creek and it was beautiful to see and listen to.

Cons: The incessant number of bugs during the day- flies, gnats, wasps- you name it. People dont pick up after themselves or dogs. We had an excess of flies due to the overwhelming number of poop puddles left throughout just our campsite alone- ppl left trash, human waste, vomit puddles. Other than that- the campgrounds are beautiful with the natural vegitation mix of what seem to be some sort of large succulent with an abundance of beautiful trees and shrubs. The creek or stream is a good size- its not just a tiny trickle- you can hear the running stream while you sleep. At night, we camped during a no fire period so no campfires or outdoor propane gas stove fires. We sat in the darkness and took in the stars with the sound of the creek below us. Campsite comes with a picnic table, a small fire pit ring and bbq grill. We camped with five little dogs- crowds usually give me anxiety for fear of them barking and disturbing the peace but the space between each campsite was ample and private enough to put my mind at ease.

Dry! Hot!

I know the area has been ravaged by fire in recent years but it is truly hot dry and just not very pleasant. Showers are clean, campground is noisy and no campfires even propane which is understandable but people were breaking that rule and cooking and it was very crowded. Sites are super close to each other and the rock pool and creek are closed! It’s close to LA but that’s about it

Clean and nice amenities

We went for Labor day weekend during COVID. It was a CA heatwave weekend and there were pool restrictions minimizing the group sizes due to COVID. I felt like all day Saturday we were constantly going back and forth waiting in line since it was first come first serve only to be denied then putting our names on wait list. Others were putting all their friends in the list even when they weren't in line. That's my one complaint; they need to do the pool registration better so we aren't wasting a hot day running back and forth. We left to the coast Sunday. The place was clean, employees were nice and very family friendly.

Nice Hike in Campground

Hiked in 2 miles from trailhead to the campground. Trail crosses with PCT. Nice views of mountain range. Probably much busier when gate is open and cars drive in.

Love this place!

My first backpacking trip was with my brother and husband and we went to little Jimmy campground. It was awesome!! The hike is less than 3 miles and the first mile is uphill. I did ok but I did take many breaks because I overloaded my backpack with unnecessary items. The hike is great though. Once you wind up at little Jimmy it was really a welcomed site. We looked around for a good site and found one quite secluded up a hill. The only problem was the wind at night. Good trees for a hammock too. The site is a short trail to the little Jimmy springs which was so tasty!!! I am yurning to go back. I can't wait!