Bakersfield, CALIFORNIA

Camping California Bakersfield

Most Recent Bakersfield Camping Reviews
Everything you need

Remote, lots of site options and beautiful scenery! My dog and I had a good weekend away (even though we live close by.)

Nice and secluded. No amenities

There are only two spots with decent shade, you will need ground clearance to get here and the overgrown bushes will scratch your paint.

There are no amenities and there were some yellow jackets.

Google maps keeps deleting this listing, it is just North of Tumble inn

Quiet and beautiful

Stayed here in January and were the only ones there. Bathrooms were locked. It’s only a 3 minute walk down to the river. Very nice, convenient and clean.

Quiet as kept. Nice scene. Good camp host.

I stopped here on my way back to Utah and I'm glad I stopped here on the way back.  If I take this route again going to Cali (where I usually go) I will stop here.  The campground is right off the highway and even though you can see cars going by, the traffic is light and the campground is far enough where it doesn't bother you at all.  Each site has a bush (in varying sizes) that provides some privacy, but the space between the spots is a plus as well.  I like it here; hopefully you will as well.

Restaurant, spa, all good, just pricy

Nice clean park, nice restaurant, pool, spa, upper class

Party Time

Camp 3 is a good location if you can book it quickly outside of the Summer months. We usually always camp here in May and since that is right before Memorial day when the campgrounds all open for the season it is usually pretty nice to be able to be in a quiet spot to hit the river and far enough away from town to be barely out of cell service but still close enough to hit up the brewery when you want.

There are pit toilets that are well maintained, the camp hosts work really hard to accommodate all people. This is one of the more covered campgrounds going up the river so if you want shade then this is the site for you.

The River next to the campground is also easily accessed and great for all levels of play.

There is group camping as well here. It is a bit more open and not as well shaded. There is also easy access to climbing routes on rock formations nearby and access to trails nearby.

February 2020

We camped here February 2020. We stayed for 2 days and we saw many visitors come and go from the spot. All but us were there for day use. The road to the campsite was manageable in my little Hyundai Accent. The campsites are clean and all come with a fire pit and picnic tables. There is a space for parking and the campsite itself was spacious. There was not many trails in the area aside from 1 further down the dirt road to the left. There are no toilets or running water so be prepared to pack out. There was a lot or wind both during the day and night. There is a store up the main road about 4 miles. You can get gas here (credit or debit card only).

Spacious and Fun for Quad Riders!

We have been camping on the Oceano dunes with our young kids for years. They ride quads and Hungry Valley has different campgrounds and all kinds of trails which are specifically sectioned off for the type and size of quad or motorcycle. We all love it and tell everyone about this campground.

Great dispersed option

This was a great place to crash for the night. We got in when it was getting dark but were able to easily find a spot to park our campervan. Beautiful sunrise view and close to Kernville to get breakfast and coffee if you want to.

Nice spot

Overall nice campgrounds. Was almost empty. You can hear jet boat noise from the adjacent lake from time to time. No WiFi but good Verizon LTE (25-30 Mbps) and decent AT&T 4G (10-15Mbps). They don’t take cash and the on-site reservation computer was not working so we had to book it online.