Camping in Pioneer Village II

274 Reviews of 39 Pioneer Village II, Arizona Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Very clean!

Great hookups and space between neighbors.

Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Good place to set up

Good place to set up while hitting some trails here in AZ!

Month of VisitMarch
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Beautiful desert campsite

We had a great stay at lost dutchman, lots of great hiking, and dog friendly attractions nearby.

H
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Bring your snow tires

Easy to find, but sites are primarily soft sand. Our van got stuck and had to be towed out.

Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Third trip out with the family

Went out to fine tune our camping setup with the family and a new tent. After several years away from camping, we are quickly learning the ropes. Lost Dutchman is close enough to town if we need supplies(which this trip proved to be needing) that we can go get what we need from Apache Junction.…

Andy K.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Good desert lake to camp at

I'm a fan of more trees but obviously this is the desert so that's what you get.  Good location.

Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice lake site near Phoenix

This is a great site to camp if you are like me and need to look at water every now and then. It’s popular and can be crowded. Noise used to be a real issue, but it seems to be better lately. Facilities are usually pretty clean. Though it’s not my favorite campsite, it’s a regular one for me…

Siteunsure
Month of VisitApril
Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Spacious sites and amazing views

I love these sites, they seem to really embody the AZ southwest camping experience for me. Our site had a view of a trail where we watched equestrians ride by sporadically throughout the evening. We saw some snakes, coyotes, and other wildlife. This is a very nice site, and a quick drive from…

Siteunsure
Month of VisitApril
K
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Sandy road

People leave a lot of trash here :(

Kira M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Open spaces

Beautiful and dark and quiet. No one out here. Close enough to explore Sedona during the day.

Siteágua fria basin
l
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Typical rv park

The park was nice and tidy. The pool area looked nice, we didn’t get a chance to enjoy that part. I was a bit put off by the office staff on the phone. She told me that they didn’t allow vans in their park. We have a 27 ft coach house b+. I explained what a coach house was. I guess she looked it up…

Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Boondocking on the trails

Close to Goldfield Ghost Town. Get the permit to Bulldog Canyon and hit the trails off roading.

SiteNA
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Great campground

Wife’s first camping trip in a tent. She loved it.

Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Views and convenience

We are located about an hour away. This campsite allows us to enjoy a last minute camping trip close by. Still close enough to civilization that we can run into town to get things if need be. Family friendly. Feels like being in the desert when actually very close to the Phoenix metro.