Oxbow Estates , ARIZONA

Most Recent Oxbow Estates Camping Reviews
Desert camping

There is many different pull through spots off this road. Pack it in and pack it out. Many different wildlife animals out. Great views.

Cozy spot in the woods

Heavily wooded area with tons of space for dispersed sites. Road is in great shape and easy for our travel trailer to make it in. Camping spots are towards the beginning of the road you turn off of, so don’t drive all the way down to the water like we did lol

Great place!

Great place! Hosts were friendly and very helpful!

Large Sites - Really Dusty

I camped here with my two dogs at the end September. I wanted to get a spot on the rim but it was full. Actually everything was really full. I'm glad I came up on a Friday afternoon otherwise I'm not sure where I wouldn't have gotten a site. The sites are large and fairly wooded. But super dusty. I planned on staying 3 nights but on Sunday afternoon almost everyone was gone. I couldn't see another camper from my site. Then a bit before dusk some guy stopped by to ask me for an air pump. Being a single woman (but with two dogs) it made me uncomfortable. Better safe than sorry. Packed it up and went home to take a much needed shower. It's a great location for visit the local lakes. I went to both Bear and Knoll lake in my Prius. (-:

Beautiful Scenery

Nice campground. Beautiful scenery. Drive to nearby Canyon Lake.

Beautiful Scenery

Nice campground. Beautiful scenery. Drive to nearby Canyon Lake.

One of our best sites yet.

camping in a 2 man tent, traveling in a raised 2WD. We took the dirt road to the end looking for a nice secluded spot, we passed a handful of sites for both rvs and tent. We found a small site in a dried out run off area past the second cattle guard.

We ventured down as far as we could go and carried our tent the remaining 20 or so meters.

Lots of dried wood around for kindling, enough stones to make a fire ring.

The sunrise and sunset here were spectacular, the lake provides an awesome blue.

Free BLM dispersed camping

This is a good boondocking spot if you’re driving along the I-17. We spent one night here. The freeway is close enough to here in the background but far enough that you can easily fall asleep. There are a couple vault toilets when you pull off the pavement. A few other vehicles were camping in the area. We had good AT&T / Verizon service in the area.

Great long term option

Very open and spacious. Nice to have a hot tub available. Cell and wif not great but not this places fault

Great place.

Would come back again. Great location to Sedona and Grand Canyon.