About Payson Campground and RV Resort
Hike In
Payson Campground and RV Resort is located in Arizona
6 Reviews of Payson Campground and RV Resort
Nice quiet campground

Nice private campsites, clean restrooms. If you like TV while camping there is no cable hookup.

Nice!

Great place, laundry, pool and close to town. Each spot is level and very clean restrooms. We spent two months there while my husband received treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix. However, the roads are a bit of a challenge.

Dirt dirt and more dirt

Ok so we decided to stay here since we have young kids and thought having a pool and showers available would be great. Well the pool was great but the showers were lack luster at best. We stayed 3 nights and two of the 3 nights there were people so loud is ruined the experience. It seems the people who are in charge of enforcing quite time weren’t interested in it. We had one of the biggest sites there was, site 91, so that was a bonus but it was up a large hill and hard to get in and out of since the “driveway” was uneven with lots of dips that has loose dirt. Also i called ahead to see if our site could accommodate our large family tents. They said yes. Thankfully we opted to being one large and one small tent otherwise there would not have been room. There was barely enough flat ground for our two tents. Some of the sites were so small only a small tent would fit and nothing else. Also fire rings are not included which we knew ahead of time but is still annoying. Also if you want a specific site you have to pay extra when you reserve or they could move you to a smaller or less ideal location. Also you can hear the noise from the main road that runs right next to the campground. I had read reviews that said you couldn’t. Well we could…. all night long. We will not be returning to this campground.

Nice place but tight!

Nice fairly quiet well kept. Only complaint spaces are tight if you have slide outs on both sides and the only trash disposal is at the office.

Nice place to stay

I am not sure where the pictures posted here are from but it is definitely not from this campground.

It is a nice little campground with a pool and small launder mat room. Bathrooms are always clean. The spaces are close together so if you are spot picky (want more of a personal space feel) you will need to get recommendations or visit it to mark your spots.

Saturday nights include karaoke by the pool or live cover band. My kids enjoy staying here but be warned that "resort" should be taken lightly. There is a "playground" which consists of a metal swing set, uncovered and a small basketball court. This is also right near the dog pin area.

You are off a major road so near by shopping is a breeze but you will not be forced to hear the traffic so no worries there.

Great Hiking and Hammock Camping

I got to tryout my new hammock setup, and although it was very chilly at night, I was a great testing ground for my new gear!