The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Valley Grove , ALABAMA

Camping Alabama Valley Grove Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Valley Grove Camping Reviews
Decent campground for the price

Sites are pretty spacious. Has a water spigot and vault toilets. There is a bathhouse but it's a short walk to the day use area. This campground is small and usually stays full.

Bad state of disrepair

Handicap accessible" shower is far from it! You can get a wheelchair into the stall, but that is the only help. No seat in range of the shower and a stationary shower head. Vert difficult if you're an amputee with severe arthritis. Also the water, electric and general infrastructure need updating badly. It is beautiful and could be a very good campground with some work. I only paid for three nights to have use of the amenities as we usually boondock. We won't be back

New owners have made this a better campground.

This campground is better since it has new owners.  Family friendly things to do for all ages.

A nice campground with great sites.

This has been a go to for several years.  Very family oriented.

Nice National Forest Campground

I arrived without a reservation trying to get one of the first come first serve spots. There is a gate without intercom, so you can’t just drive up. I called the phone number listed and the woman on the phone gave me the gate code and told me which sites were available. Worked out pretty well. Stayed in 22. One bathhouse is open. Another one I tried was locked due to Covid. Clean. Yellohammer sites have full hookup. Then there are tent sites. I was contemplating getting a tent site with my van, but they were pretty unlevel and small. There is a public boat ramp and one specifically for the campground. Water level was still very high in the lake after recent rains and storms.

Great

We loved it here. It was quiet and well maintained.  Employees were very friendly.

Tight

Gold hiking trails but most RV sites are built up for parking but a lot of sites drop off steeply right off the pavement.   Facilities are fair but dated.

Nice area for RV camping and boating

I went here for tent camping and had a nice time but it was mostly families with RVs. There is a nice lake where a lot of people were boating as well. I did the firefly loop and I was the only tent camper everyone else was in an RV. Restrooms at the campground were closed due to covid. Also they emailed me the gate code and info to get into the campground but I didn’t see it until after I left. I luckily ran into the campground host and she was able to direct me.

Great view and great staff.

Beautiful view on the TN River and the Pickwick Dam. The only negative is the noise and smell of the paper mill on the opposite side of the river. It is also close to the Shiloh National Military Park which is the reason we are here.

So Clean!

This campsite was renovated after flooding occurred. Nice level sites! Our Super C Class did require more blocks for leveling in the front on Site 6.  However, it was a very nice site with plenty of privacy. This site backed up to tall Pine Trees and plenty of grass area for our pups.  New grills.  Updated picnic tables.  Nearby to several local restaurants. If ever in the area, we would return again.  Our A&T Cell Phone and T-Mobile Mifi worked great here.