Equestrian
No Market
Kettle Moraine Southern Unit is located in Wisconsin
4 Reviews of Kettle Moraine Southern Unit
Fantastic backpacker campsite

Reservable backpacking sites about 45-60min away from nearest parking.

Fire pit, shelter, and picnic table at site.

Really enjoyed the hike through forest to get to this site.

Area has extensive trail systems.

Was remote, quiet, and beautiful.

Clean, with very nice luxuries.

You can rent backpacking shelters, at the ranger station in Eagle. The shelter is basically a barn without a front door. It comes with a fire ring, table, and an outhouse! It’s along the ice age trail and offers stunning views for easy hikes.

Amazing

Huge expanse of land. Great natural and historical sites. Awesome single-track mountain bike trails. Multiple campgrounds. Something for everyone.

Campsite 034

We liked this site because it was on the "quiet loop." No radios or pets allowed. I'm not sure about children! :) The sites are fairly close together and the trees are sparse, but it was a beautiful site and wonderfully quiet for the long weekend over the 4th of July 2017.

You can walk over to an area that has hiking trails right out of the campsite. State park mountain biking trails are also close by, but you would need to drive to them. The showers were clean and when we used them, available. There is a playground right next to them as well.

The campsite itself had a good log-stopper so you wouldn't drive too far into the woods, great fire ring, and picnic table. We had nice flat areas for our tents.

I am not so sure I would have enjoyed myself if I'd been in another loop. The quiet was perfect!