The best DRIVE IN camping near
Mount Alto , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Mount Alto Camping Reviews
Winter Visit

We stopped here on Thanksgiving on our way South. Self paying, off season was $15. But the restrooms were closed. There were only 3 other sides occupied. Nice little campground in the Appalachian Foothills. Be aware that Google maps doesn't send you to the campground but to a parking lot at the Lake (25 min detour). So make sure you follow the State Park signs.

Good place to camp

We like to camp in this cozy campground

Good campground

Just a big campground with full hook up.

Small sites, very close

Super small campground with one road in/same road out. Check-out time created quite the backup.

The sites were too short for my camper, which is odd because when booking I indicated the length of my camper. I had to back in camper, drop it, move truck, hook camper back up and finish backing in to site. Pulling out was the reverse of this.

A smaller camper would fit perfect right next to the creek at the end of the road. The lake is nice too with a small island.

Members only club

Super nice and built up. Great pool!!!

Clean

Nice

Small

But okay

Free Free

I don’t have a lot to add to the other reviews, yes, it’s very close to a roadway and train tracks, but it’s free!

Free one night

The customer service people at cabelas were awesome. They gave treats to my dog, helped me find things and gave me the code to the dump station! Stayed there one night with no problems at all. Although lots of trucks coming and going during the night and parked around. Code they gave me is 2387 not sure if that helps since the dumping price is $5. Tip: get there early because trucks take the place

Near boat ramp

So I came to this campground because it’s free. I arrived and found the dump station and filled my water tank with potable water, when I moved onto the three spots available (only one was taken) I read the sign that clearly says only RV’s and Trailers allowed and all other will be towed at owners expense. well I have an all white converted sprinter and from the outside it just looks like a working van. Although I can prove that my van is an RV I didn’t feel like waking up in the middle of the night on a moving van that is being towed, sooo just in case I left and drive 20 min to Cabelas.