About Lake Hope State Park
Lake Hope State Park is located in Ohio
16 Reviews of Lake Hope State Park
Amazing campground away from it all!

A nice mix of electric and non electric sites in the trees. Great place to relax with family. Great for unwinding. You have to drive down to the lake to boat and swim but worth it. Every Sunday there is a brunch buffet at the Lodge. Worth the 25-40 minute wait! The camp hosts are super friendly!

Beautiful campground!

My husband camped here in 2018 and plan on it again this year! Lake Hope has plenty of recreational opportunities for everyone and the campground is close by! The campground is quiet and well kept. We tent camp so we usually have a non-electric site so the area we stay is away from most of the RVs. Bathrooms and showers are maintained well. Not far from Hocking Hills State Park as well as other park areas. Plenty of opportunities for hiking, boating, and other activities.

A relaxing spot

The lodge has great food. Lots of trails and history in the area. It was a quick and easy check in to get a site. The bathroom was clean. This campground is more hilly so be thoughtful in where you put your tent. Great views. We used this for a Friday night spot and then the next day started a near by backpacking trail. I had a signal at the campground verizion. My friend did not (different carrier).

Crisp and clean

The lake is clean and has beautiful scenery. The beach is very kid friendly. There is a playground there. The trails are great. They have options for length and scenic differences. Roads are well maintained. Campsites aren’t great for tent camping, but we still had fun. Campsites are close together. They are under trees though, which is a definite plus for me. Overall I thought there was a great vibe and it was a clean area.

Quiet wooded campground with nice hikes

We stayed for a long weekend and had a great time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The RV sites were a bit narrow, but otherwise nice and shaded. We took a couple of the hikes down by the lake and it was great.

Beautiful location, well kept, lots to do and see.

Lots of hills. Some sites are reservable others are walk-in.

Delightful, Beautiful, friendly rangers, lots of activities

We were there during an off holiday weekend so the crowd was low. It is beautifully hilly there. The parking pad was fairly level and a a bit narrow. The campsite had a bit of an incline. The fire pit and picnic table looked newer. We camped near a restroom and there were 2 shower houses. However, one was being renovated at the time. The nature center was very well done with educational information that would be useful for the great hiking trails in the park. We did not get to be on the lake but they had several options for rental of water toys such as canoe, kayaks, water bikes, and pontoon boats. There also was a nice beach with a play-set nearby. The lodge was attractive and they did serve meals there. We did not eat there but we did check out the menu. There was something good for all tastes and delicious sounding desserts too. The dinning room had large windows all around to view the woods. They had lots of hummingbird feeders. We missed the hummingbird program where you can hand feed them. That is only during July and August months. I was sorry to have missed that. We will being returning to enjoy more of all this park has to offer.

Nice, hilly

I love this state park because of the lake, beach, boat rentals, old growth forest and nearby Hocking Hills. However, most of the campsites are on a slope. Like, a steep slope. I'd recommend visiting the campground before you book to get a level site. Some areas are more level than others. Bathrooms are a bit old, but it's better than not having any showerhouses at all, am I right?

RV Camping and much more

We have camped here in tents, pop up camper, cabins, backpacking the nearby Zaleski State Forest and most recently, in our travel trailer. It is our favorite State Park that we have camped at. The campground has been recently updated, new pavement on the road and in the campsites. The nature center runs a lot of programs, including hand feeding hummingbirds, Christmas trail of lights, movies, hikes and more. The dining lodge is excellent food, the Sunday Brunch is great and they have a wood fired pizza oven. The lake has kayak, canoe, peddle boat and other rentals. The swimming area is large for a state park and has a small playset. Trails to suit all ages and experience levels. Moonville tunnel and rail trail is nearby. The front shower house is closed for remodeling, however, there are very nice flush toilets near the camp office and a shower house at the back section of the campground.

So much to do!

I’m a tent camper and a hiker, but my family and I even spent some time at the lake and rented a paddle board and a water bike which was so much fun! we also did some kayaking as well as driving to different hiking paths around the area. we did a “walking tour” that had TERRIBLE directions but we had a blast anyway 😂 they probably need to update that but I wouldn’t discredit them if they didnt. campsites were more open and pretty standard, bathrooms were a little lack luster but I enjoyed every second!