the dyrt
Private
Lake Snowden - Hocking College is located in Ohio
3 Reviews of Lake Snowden - Hocking College
Our home away from home for Paw Paw Fest

My family and I have been going to Lake Snowden for the past nine years for the Paw Paw Festival and have enjoyed staying in the sites in thw campground every year. So while I can’t speak to what the campground is like the rest of the year, I suspect it is mostly RV campers the rest of the season (we only tent camp).

What I can say though is the sites are pretty large and grassy, great place to let kids run around and play. The campground is safe and people are respectful of the quiet hours. Everything in the camground is walkable, but if you want to hit up the shower houses, you have to go up to Hilltop, which is a bit of a trek w/ shower gear (I’ve never actually been inside the shower house though).

Close to OU, new inflatable water park

This campground is managed by Hocking College and is about 10 minutes from Athens and Ohio University. There are many nice campsites, but there are also a lot that are steep, small and/or nothing but dirt. The lake is great for fishing, boating, swimming and they have a new water park featuring inflatable swing, slide and other features. The lifeguards are great and proactive about issues. Best deal going, after 5pm it's just $5 per swimmer. Our kids like it a lot. It is right off of a 4 lane highway, but noise is minimal. Athens has lots of places to eat, and many festivals occur at Lake Snowden, including the Paw Paw Festival. Get here early to find a good site. We have camped here in tents, a pop up and our travel trailer. Popular with local horse riders. Playground has a kid sized wooden train and a large tower/swing set. The shower house in the upper camping area is functional, but dated and usually messy, although they do clean it often.

Nice but needs some work

Very nice place. Need more water hookups for RVs. Too many golf carts riding around.