The best RV SITES camping near
Grangerville , VERMONT

Most Recent Grangerville Camping Reviews
secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Great State Park, wonderful lake and trails

I stayed here with a group in 2019, the park was quiet and clean. Some of the sites were a little wet so be be careful what site you get, watch out for 66 through 69. I was in 64 and it was fine.

Bathrooms and showers are nice. Area B in the back is great with some nice views and a small beach area.

The trails for hiking and biking are well maintained and take you past some old historical sites from before the lake was made. You'll see some old foundations and home sites.

If you're so inclined this is where you set of for wilderness camping along the shore. There are a number of sites only accessible by boat.

Highly recommend this campground.

Great Campground

Very clean and well manicured Campground. Friendly. Helpful staff.

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

Family-friendly

There are a lot of amenities that come with staying here. There is a fire pits at every campsite along with a large community fire pit to socialize with and meet other campers. Its a great way to let the kids find someone to play with while being supervised. You can leave your car/RV at your site and take the trolley into town/to the lake to avoid parking in town. There is also a bike path you can take to town. The pool is heated by solar panels so it is refreshing without being cold. It is safe to let kids ride their bikes around the campground, go to the arcade, pool, or playground because nothing is too far away. It is a cozy campground.

small and friendly State Park with plenty of things to do

Drove in on a whim and were pleasantly surprised by how well the staff accommodated us. We managed to get a prime leanto site right on the river. We were only there for an overnight but we will be back. In the Spring the water is released behind Ball Dam, creating a white water adventure. The prime lean-to sites on the water are beautiful and spacious.

Great location, easy access to the Gorge.

We hit this campground for one over night as we past through. Good spot with easy access to the Gorge. Bathroom were clean and the grounds were quite at night.

Wonderful site, great overall location

I've stayed here a couple of times and both times had a blast. Canoeing or kayaking on the lake is great and there are paddle only sites available.  Some of the best sites ore up on a bluff with views over the lake a towards sunrise.

This is just a great place for a getaway.

Great Family Campground

This was our first visit to Silver Lake and I wished we had found it earlier.  The sites are spaced nicely and the bathhouses are convenient and clean.  The beach is great with a fun dock to jump off of.  It is a great lake for kayaking and paddleboarding.

Owners are very friendly and helpful.

This is a quaint campground with nice bathrooms.  The owners were very helpful, meeting all of our needs promptly and always with a smile.